[Res] Half Display Bug

Hello,

I have the Problem that the game show me the half screen. I have set the game on 32 bit and have change other options, but the bug doesn´t will go ://.

Have anyone a idea how can i fix it?

7a57394e-fa70-11e4-b524-001d7d04ea18

Do you mean that sometimes inside the game you can only see half of the screen (and the other half is black)?

Yes, the other half is not black, i start a new game and i dont see the other half. The other half look like the sky, when i zoom out, i see the complete map, when i zoom into the map, i see only the half of the top.

Could you upload a screenshot?

Can you try adjusting your screen resolution in the user_settings.json file (it is in the folder where you installed Stonehearth). In the “renderer” section, specify your screen resolution (“screen_width” and “screen_height”):

"renderer" : {
	"enable_ssao" : false,
	"enable_shadows" : false,
	"msaa_samples" : 0,
	"shadow_resolution" : 256,
	"enable_vsync" : false,
	"enable_fullscreen" : false,
	"screen_width" : 1175,
	"screen_height" : 661,
	"draw_distance" : 1000,
	"last_window_x" : 89,
	"last_window_y" : 103,
	"use_fast_hilite" : false,
	"last_screen_x" : 105,
	"last_screen_y" : 159,
	"shadow_quality" : 1,
	"max_lights" : 5,
	"run_once" : true,
	"use_high_quality" : false
}

I have experienced something similar, but only when the firepit is lit at night, and it doesn’t last for long.

Also, sometimes you can see a black border in window mode, because the screen has the shape to be adjusted to the resolution. For example here I have a black border at the top and bottom:

Sorry for self-advertising my mod

But I think this is not your problem, since you can only see the top, and borders are generated equally in both sides of the screen…

2 Likes

I get the Message, Sorry new user cant upload a image :frowning:

if you upload it to imgur.com or some such place im sure @SteveAdamo or @Relyss would be more then happy to embed it for you :smile:

1 Like

okay here is the link :smiley:
http://i.imgur.com/gax0jLF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gax0jLF.jpg

Look at these nice of nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

@SteveAdamo @Relyss please embed that image :blush:

from what i could tell your game was, for some reason, starting half under ground…

and, are those ghost trees…?

2 Likes

That’s not exactly black… It looks like phasing into the terrain. Let me check about the ghost trees… we had people with weird render glitches on early alphas, but I doubt there’s useful information on how to fix it, other than updating the graphic drivers and stuff like that…

Edit: Ok. Found one…

Found two…

1 Like

give it a fix for this bug?

Hmm… First, post your system specs. Second, try updating your graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website (don’t trust auto-updaters, they sometimes lie).

3rd… @not_owen_wilson, help me :cry:

1 Like

I have buy a neu Graka… GTX 960 2G its all oaky :smiley: no Problems any more :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad it worked :smiley:
Thanks for the follow up

2 Likes

Hi, I’m still having this problem and I tried everything mentioned. I updated my driver and set my resolution and it still doesnt work. It’s like I have X-Ray vision and I can even see little caves under the map that have chests and whatnot. I’ve messed with the splicing mechanic and reloading the game and nothing works

Welcome, @Icarus :slightly_smiling_face:
Please type “G” while in the game. If I remember correctly that was the shortcut to reset your camera (to center it over the game banner after it’s placed, or just over the center of the terrain), your camera is likely phasing into the terrain, so the problem might not be the resolution of your screen actually.

Also deactivate the x-ray vision option. The slice option might also be showing terrain under the mountains too. But I suspect the main problem could be your camera. Once you get it above the surface, it shouldn’t go inside the terrain so easily. So if these tips don’t work, maybe zooming out a lot will move it above the surface.