[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 Up on Steam Unstable

Oh yeah, another bug report.

Sometimes, the scaffolding is invisible, so it looks like the workers are levitating.

1 Like

Another thing that annoys me.

Sometimes when Goblins are taking wood that was harvested, but it far from my settlement, and start burning it, my footmen wont go over there an kick their !@#.

More bugs :slight_smile:

-Rotating objects by right-clicking them when you place them no longer works (eg chairs). Only when I tried doing it with another object (picket fence) did I get a pop-up about the new keys.

-Carpenter likes to craft in odd numbers (known bug, just repeating it).

-Made a (male) farmer, but hoe was left to be used by another worker. Female character removed the hoe properly (same hoe, after save game reload, after 1st (male) attempt).

-Many hovering objects (eg picket fences traded by a caravan, tables placed besides each other = second one hovers (and doesn’t like being re-positioned), etc).

-Various troublesome building layouts for the building designer…

(Note: 2nd “H” layout was ok, as I clicked the roof in the middle of the design - see below)

Here you can see the holes in the walls besides the roofs of 3 basic structure designs (H- L- and hollow-square- shapes).

-I think some of the jerkiness in gameplay (comes from LUA spikes, if the bar in the bottom right is any indication).

-A footman joined my town, but didn’t appear in the list of citizens / professionals. Saving & reloading fixed it, however.

-The quest / event UI breaks the bottom left part of the UI. Eg if a traveller appears etc, talking to them means I can’t select my carpenter’s workshop etc.

-Pathfinding issues when characters get stuck in a building you’re making for whatever reason (eg hollow-square design). The workers don’t seem to realise that “gap where the door will go” is a valid way of getting to the food they want :stuck_out_tongue: .

-Really an aesthetic touch, but doors REALLY need a step up or something, instead of being below the level of the floor…

-On a similar aesthetic note, there’s never been any rhyme or reason (that I can tell) behind the order in which settlers work on something. Eg tell a farmer to create a crop field, and he/she will create the furrows all over the place. Builders go from working on House A to House B randomly it seems too. Some sort of pattern-making and/or staying power is perhaps required in the AI coding, so that the House A builders stay at House A, and that the farmer ploughs a row at a time (or something).

-Tiny typo: "A traveller approaches your town.: " - don’t need the full stop before the colon.

-Tiny typo: “unrevokably” is not a word in the English language (see overwriting saved games). You want “irrevocably” instead.

3 Likes

Oh, and here is the longest Error Message I have ever seen. Don’t know what it means though. it happens when Goblins are stealing and burning my stuff up.

1 Like

Gawd! Help me!

The goblins are still stealling my wood that I harvested away from my settlement, and every thirty seconds, a huge error message shows up.

Also, here is the first message box I have seen in it’s kind. It says severre, so i guess it’s bad.

@sdee, you’re a dev, can you tell me what it is?

2 Likes

Holy crap!

I was playing the game, then suddenly, a massive, humongous error message box bigger than the one I showed you, plus that black error message box appeared, and then the world morphed into something that’s beyond awesome.

The game then crashed.

4 Likes

What… what is that? CyberHearth :stuck_out_tongue: ? StoneTron?

3 Likes

That was just the realm of the GM. :wink:

1 Like

@EpicDwarf, please try to combine your comments, given that no one has followed your recent posts… thanks! :smile:

OK Steve! :smile:

Also, I’m afraid to open up my last Save-File. I don’t want something like this to happen again.

Also @sdee, the Goblins are incredibly unstable. Everythime they steal something, a huge error box shows up, and some other anomalies, some minor, like glowing pieces of wood, some huge, like that black error box, and some like that picture I posted, which I suspect was the work of the unstable code, which I think was triggered by the goblins.

1 Like

The error message is happening because the goblins are destroying your wood but your parent stockpile still thinks the wood belongs to it. It’s OK, it doesn’t actually hurt the game. Just close the red box and keep going :smile:

The black box happens when you click on an error in the red box; it gives us more context.

When you see the giant red box, just think that the world is crying because one piece of wood that you could/should have used to build a house is now gone forever.

I’ll make a bug for it. One reason to make new threads is because they’re easier to search that sub threads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, but it seems that because of that, the game became really unstable, and that happened.

I found multiple settler messages that had the same typo.

One of you guys spelt “we’re” as whire.

Like for example “whire sorry” instead of 'we’re sorry."

Another thing, can you make it that goblins only steal from your stockpiles? It would make it easier for the footmen to defend and you wouldn’t have to lose so much resources. This is also good because footmen only defend the stockpiles, not the resources that were not picked up.

I also found out that the “New Save File” feature doesn’t work, and I deleted my last Save File.

So, i guess that I can’t save.

Very awesome release even if it’s buggy!

My stonehearthians have already developed teleporting beds. o.O If i build beds next to some old ones sometimes an old one teleports in the new on’s place. Very odd. Will have to make a bug report about this later.

ALIENS!

1 Like

Oh yeah, sometimes the wood in the settlers hands is invisible, so it looks like they are walking with their hands out in front of them.

1 Like

The one on the far left appears to have knifemouth disease。

1 Like

Two more pictures of bugs.

It seems that gold floors are available in the game.

One of mys settlers was dared by his friends to sit on the fire pit while it was on fire. Needless to say that was a bad move. Oh yeah, and there is no wood in the fire pit.

I also keep on getting this nil simple caravan error. How do you prevent this and what causes it?

1 Like

Don’t you see? HE IS THE WOOD!

1 Like

@Geoffers747 has somehow found a way to be put into the game.

1 Like

Wow you guys made my day! I was longing for it so badly. It’s 5AM here in Madrid but I’m just going to give it a try before going to bed. I’ll report any bug I may encounter.

1 Like

Oh, Radiant, you should try to find a way to optimize the game so that doesn’t take up so much of the CPU.

I took a picture of the CPU Meter on my Rainmeter Sidebar, and Stonehearth is taking 13% of the CPU.

Sometimes, it takes up around 25%.

1 Like