Relyss Qubicle Creations

Its not that I dont have time I am just lazy as hell, Im one of the dogs thats very energetic for the first year or so then just lies in the sun asleep for the rest of my life

@Relyss How about [this idea from][1] @SteveAdamo as a mod? All this pet models could be a great start for a breeding-mod. You could create different appearances, think about abilities, how they could be crossbred and what this would have as an effect. Maybe even such things as the ability of your pets to cross-bred with rewards from Kickstarter for super-unique results? :wink:
[1]: Mod-Idea: Dr. Frank Stein (PG / PG 13 rated)

2 Likes

Mmā€¦ Iā€™ll think about that, it could be fun. I have some other pictures with text (well, still unmade but I know what I want to do) and I want to make a proper ā€˜the beta is coming!ā€™ meme although Iā€™m having trouble making a model of ned stark u_u

So, this is a model I made months ago, using @Pandemic template of the goblin. Itā€™s a swamp creature. I want it to rise and lurk (like a crocodile) from the dark waters of the swamp. It could use some more work, shadows are not clean enough.

6 Likes

i think you pulled this off quite nicelyā€¦ even with the limited color palette you used, you had enough variation to give the body some depthā€¦ would be rather scary to see that rising from the water (beady green eyes and all)ā€¦ :+1:

edit: what about the addition of some tattered/waterlogged clothes? or something else that might evoke the sense that this thing lives in the waterā€¦ seaweed draped across his chest, etc.? :smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a nice idea, Iā€™m working on that. And also working on this:

(crappy image, btw)
He needs a bow, and maybe some armor. The problem is that I find where do I have to add or remove voxels once Iā€™m in Blender and Iā€™ve already parented and established the rotating origins -_-ā€˜ā€™ā€™
And I have to start again. Perhaps I can just update some parts of the model, as theyā€™re different objects, but I donā€™t know if later would be difficult to find their exact position.
Ah, and he needs longer legs, when I bend them they seem quite short :persevere:

Iā€™d change my avatar but I want to find one that really convinces me because otherwise I would be changing it frequently xD

6 Likes

It looks good. I have the same problem in blender - those overlap areas creating gritty black shadows. Iā€™ve no idea how to fix it yet :frowning: Maybe someone whoā€™s in the know can give us a hint.

Yeah, same issue for me again too. Iā€™ve learned that I have to use Qubicle & Blender in a backā€™nā€™forth production method - I learn weaknesses in my models from Blender, then I use Qubicle to fix and learn more about Qubicle, then back to Blenderā€¦ repeat repeat repeat :slight_smile:

You could try lengthening and bending the legs at joints? The result will still look similar because theyā€™ll be shorter when angled, but it will give you the wiggle room when bending to hit the ground.

1 Like

@Relyss If you work with armatures, you can change your model and just load a pre-defined armature ā€œon top of itā€, so you will not have to do everything all over againā€¦ if this was annoying you.

heā€™s beautiful! :+1:

centaurs dont typically wear armor though, do they? perhaps a sling across the chest to hold his quiverā€¦ my only crituque would be to bulk up the horse portionā€¦ he looks a bit out of proportion, but it could simply be the angleā€¦

Just in case you didnā€™t know the weird black stuff is due to two faces being in the same spot. Just move them slightly off (0.001 might be enough) and it should disappear. The armour would work but Iā€™m not sure how it would be designed as I have no idea where the vital organs to protect would be in them, maybe they have two sets of lungs/heart? Iā€™ll have to agree with @SteveAdamo that it looks out of scale, considering normal proportions the horse part should be at least 50% taller than the human part but Iā€™m not sure how that would fit with the cartoony style. being a foot or two taller than humans shouldnā€™t matter though.

Bump for the sake of cutenessā€¦
Just joking :smile_cat:

I think I should upload some pictures even if the models are still wip, in those idle hours of the forum before the big boom.
This is the original character from who I made my current avatar. (Iā€™m not going to mention what game is it, itā€™s not worth anymore).
I used a male template, hence the broad body, now Iā€™m trying to make her with the official female template, losing detailsā€¦ x_x

I had many problems making the braids, but I think I came up with quite a readable hairdo.
I also like the braids of the one on the right (if Iā€™m not mistaken itā€™s an official template):

because itā€™s very readable and detailed too.

7 Likes

the boom loomsā€¦

dont worry, @Geoffers747 will figure it out in about 3 more secondsā€¦ :smile:

i think it reads and looks great as isā€¦ i say, keep the model and details! :+1:

definitely readableā€¦ love the braids!

2 Likes

I made this model of little Anna from the Disney Pixar movie ā€˜Frozenā€™. I used the Relyss head as a base for her hair. Iā€™m trying to make also Annaā€™s sister Elsa, although probably I will make her as adult, not child. Iā€™m not a big fan of Disney but I loved this movie, it was really lovely. :relaxed:

And Annaā€™s as funny as cute xD

4 Likes

How about Olaf? That would be a nice one :grin:.

is that the reindeer? man, i really need to see this movieā€¦ for the kids, of courseā€¦

havent heard a single bad reviewā€¦ :smile:

Olaf is the snowman xD
And my sister already warned me that people would start asking for Olafā€¦

4 Likes

Man, my readingā€™s bad today. I read that as loaf! I was about to comment saying what a bizarre name when my eyes decided to work again :stuck_out_tongue:

Look @Relyss, all Iā€™m saying is that if youā€™re going to recreate every Disney character ever you should definitely start with Boo from Monsterā€™s Inc.

1 Like

No, noā€¦ Olaf with a nice cloud over him! That would be so cool for Stonehearth :smile:. And maybe your settlers can gather carrots from him, as another source of food.

1 Like

and rightfully so! i mean come onā€¦ look at that punam!

So, hard, to, make, his, headā€¦ x_x
Definitely Stonehearth is no place for curvesā€¦

Donā€™t look at his mouth at the turntableā€¦ Itā€™s horrible from the sides :persevere:

4 Likes