Relyss Qubicle Creations

given how well your other models have turned out, i have high hopes for both… :wink:

or…

1 Like

I think someone’s been abusing his mod powers… :wink:

But on topic, that Red Panda is beyond adorable…
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to reclaim my man card if I keep following this thread…

you should see what he’s done to our breakroom… shudders

you and me both brother… i mean, come on!

[little girl voice ON]

• awwwww

[little girl voice OFF]

3 Likes

Count me in too! I think I have to now punch a hole in the wall so I can regain my manliness. :sweat_smile:

:flushed: did what I said just sound weird? oh, sorry…
or maybe you said that because I’m making comissions without charging? :laughing:

Anyway, I left the panda and the beagle alone for a while, and when I returned they had created two babies :scream:

Let’s see the panda first:

The scout girl has eyeglasses (now I understand why Tom didn’t like the idea of glasses, and eyes with different color than black). The panda version below doesn’t have the spots in the eyes.

It’s too round, ears should be smaller but I left them big for cuteness. I wish I could have made a baby panda, one with plushie size, but I had lots of problems with the proportions. (I hardly believe this panda can sit vertically and look good :pensive: ).

7 Likes

And here’s the beagle puppy :smile:

The tail should be thinner, but I had to make it with 2x2 voxels :sweat:
It’s difficult to see the shape of the ears with that light, I worked a lot to make a recognisable shape.
If anyone knows how to make the back of animal heads with voxel, please help me :tired_face: It’s very difficult to do the joint between the head and the back. (I start with a symmetrical head and even with that I have hard time to join the body)

4 Likes

Now, let me show you those two new puppies I found… (the red panda head has been very useful, 3 animals I made out of it :smile: )

A husky puppy! :

Gray version above. Black version below.

Beagles have sad faces, and huskies have aggresive faces although they look like they’re smiling when they show their tongues out (just as the other dogs).

5 Likes

Puppies, puppies everywhere…

8 Likes

Once again, your work is outstanding.

I love your interpretation of the glasses. Much better than the bolted on look, and the blue eyed Husky is just awesome :dog:

1 Like

I like puppies :wink2:

great work!

1 Like

I cannot agree more but must write more than 20 characters to post so may I also congratulate you on your fine mastery of Qubicle and exemplary execution of all things cute.

Hmmm execution of cute sounded a little wrong there … but you get my meaning…Bravo

1 Like

both are fantastic, but i think im partial to the one with spots on her eyes…

adorable, as usual… i think the neck could use 1 more voxel?

these puppies look spot on… absolutely adora-cute-squeee-gasm… :tongue:

1 Like

Well all of this is equal parts cute and awesome. And lots of it. :smile:

About the beagle puppy. The top two layers of the back gets narrower just before the neck. It sort of makes the dark on the back feel like a separate part. Like a turtle shell or something that is just lying there. Just a thought.

My problem with the backs is that while in the corgi and the wombat it was easier because they are smaller, with taller puppies I don’t know how to model the neck. Side face looks too square (but maybe it’s the right way to make it in Stonehearth’s style, I’m just worried about future animations):

I added some voxels to the neck:

The second one has a layer less than the first one. It still looks like a shell. When making a head separately from the body, it’s easy to model it symmetrically and make it look a bit rounded. But when joining it to the body I have to fill the spaces with voxels. And if I add too many voxels to make the neck, then the head looks deformed.

Thanks for your feedback, I’m sure little by little and with your help, I’ll find a way to solve these problems and polish my models.
So please, comment on my changes to the beagle neck.

1 Like

I think the problem that you are having is that you are trying too hard.

It’s very difficult to create anything life like using just Qubicle. Until you win your Home edition key you will find it quite difficult to attain what you are hoping to achieve… if that makes sense…

What I’m trying to say is don’t beat yourself up over the little things. Aim for an 80% model. For that last 20% you can only really gauge it using a 3D tool.

1 Like

I understand.
Thank you very much, Froggy.
:octocat:

Well, I’ve been afar some weeks on holidays. I have to thank everybody for their templates and tutorials, they’ve been really helpful and have let me achieve the 3rd place of the first Qubicle competition, which allowed me to win the Home Edition (again thank you very much, @Tim).
So thanks to @Froggy, @voxel_pirate, @Pandemic and the others who are contributing to spread the Stonehearth love.

Now, some deities assets and pictures (all related to my entry for the finals):

Those are versions of the seahorse. The one on the right is more rounded than the one on the left. I used the left one because it was easier to wrap the saddle, as I had to have some horizontal surface for the rider.

These are different palettes I made for the seahorse. I didn’t made it blue or green because it was going to be at the sea, and the final picture was darker than usual to fake the effect of continuous horizon instead of a corner.

Some saddles and rains (short and long).

These are some other hairstyles for Cibeles that I thought, they look well with her elven ears, although I’m not completely happy with them.

This is part of a larger stage I was making in Qubicle, but I found it too big for the final entry so I fused the three backgrounds in one. I haven’t finished this stage yet. The background is still flat and it is supposed to continue from one stair to other through the waterfall. Each stair will have a goddess in it. Cibeles stair looks so crowded x_x…

Finally, two screens from Blender:

I still have lots to improve. I thought about making an animation where Iuris summon that giant sword, and it falls heavily from the sky to provide justice.

7 Likes

first of all, welcome back… and mind :boom:

second, i think this is some of the best “curved” surface models i’ve seen… very nicely done…

looked at this thread for the first time… and realised that my days at creating dogs have been long over due to my laziness to make more, you know that saying “there will always be someone better then you”? well @Relyss you have beaten me… atleast he didnt get the feat right snigger

Yeah, the laziness is too strong, I know… When you have little time, even more.
I realised too that animating is time consuming, and if you want to make things right it’s worse. I still don’t have any idea for a mod. I just progress on models that come to my mind sometimes, in the best case I may do a comic like Pandemic, or little gifs.