Qubicle Creations

I want O.o That’s sick

1 Like

I’m going through all the stuff I’ve missed. so. much. awesome.

1 Like

My first one is based to my pet owl ^^
it is shame that i cant add pic cuz im new in forum… hmm i can try get link ^^ pic1 pic2

Working on a new model. Basically done, but can anyone give me some critique to make it better? He doesn’t look amazing.

1 Like

i think he looks great… but given that he’s a steampunk creation, why not dirty him up a bit with soot?

Soot looks odd. But I did change up some of the colors, if that’s what you meant. Also a few more obvious changes. Which looks better?

1 Like

personally, i think the model with the darker head works better… and his “steam horns” fit better as well… :+1:

2 Likes

I think he looks a bit flat and may need a bit more detail

A while ago I posted a picture of a few scholars and decided to give them a place to work. Here is my printing press for scholars to produce and distribute their literature.

And here’s a size comparison with a female scholar.

4 Likes

nice work! really, really nice work! i love how it looks like the pegs are fitted through… nice details… :+1:

HERE: my creations

http://gyazo.com/16e007f873d7ce5a64ec118819f88662

http://gyazo.com/9f68e90046c777bcf914e208c184733c

1 Like

welcome aboard @jelhance! :smile:

the first model looks sort of Kung fu panda-esque, yes? and the second is a remake of the magma smith?

nice first efforts!

1 Like

Here’s something I’ve been working on. No where near done as you can see. Fairly ugly, and doesn’t even have legs yet. But, I would like some critique on what I’ve got so far-- any thoughts?

4 Likes

That thing is monstrous. In a good way. It has the sort of hulking, hunched stance that I would expect to see of such a majestically evil creature.

its spinning too fast! make it stop!! :smile:

agreed… i like the presence this guy has… and the abdominals look impressive! the back “pelt” could perhaps use one more layer? and possibly a bit of those same colors incorporated into the head, to break up that block of voxels…

overall though, he’s looking really nice… :+1:

Another thing: since he’s a wild beast, he doesn’t have to be smooth and (squarely) rounded out. I mean, he could use some raggedy-ness here and there, as in a few random voxels of “hair”, maybe? And yes, the mane does need some more depth.

I’ve started working on his legs (legs are hard D: ), I’ve widened him by 1 voxel, which makes him look much bulkier and better (in my opinion). I’ve taken heed of your suggestions-- I added another layer to his thick hair areas.

[quote=“ManOfRet, post:402, topic:117”]
since he’s a wild beast
[/quote]
Is he? Perhaps he’s a fairly civilized creature…

4 Likes

the changes look great! i love how you brought the hair over into the head… and the mandibles look very nice…

true… he could be a giant, helpful, ridiculously strong pacifist, who helps in excavation, etc. :smile:

In the event of playable bunnies, I would like to christen this creature as the fragomorph. This could apply even if they aren’t playable, now that I think of it.

I think he should have a sort of mine like the boar does and I think he (or she) would look better without the stair effect on his foot, just as a suggestion you could give him cloth boots (a bin bag tied around his foot with rope) just for now until you come up with a foot design. If you want me to give you a hind-leg design just ask.