Qubicle Creations Weekly

Well, another try. I couldn’t make the scythe, it’s difficult to manage its details at the different scales that Qubicle offers. Instead, I made Soul (I really hate his hair, it’s impossible to make it with this style :rage: ). Also, too many details to fit in the template (by the way thanks @Froggy, I’m using your templates).
Let’s look at the cute couple:

I know Maka should have her feet floating and without legs, but I thought a little flesh there would add some color. Here’s Soul turntable (did I already mention that I hate his hair?):

Any suggestion? :cat:

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with the source material but I really like these models. Absolutely love the ponytails in fact, the females hair as a whole really works well! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the @credit, it’s always nice to feel appreciated :slight_smile:

Again, that’s just amazing. Hair is always hard to do because it never really looks right. You could try mixing in some lighter colors and see how that looks.

This weeks winner is @Relyss great job!

This week’s challenge is the art of Joe Madureira (comic book artist).

You can pick any character Joe Madureira has ever made.

Here are some pics to get you started.

Have fun!

Mod Edit: Images no longer exist

1 Like

i have nothing significant to contribute here… but wanted to thank you for turning me on to this artist… brilliant stuff!

cant wait to see what entries we get for this competition… :+1:

He is an amazing artist. I can’t wait either. Just wish more people would join in.

Here’s my Red Hulk, I can’t get the hair right. Tell me what you think.

3 Likes

Come in ans submit something. Don’t be shy. Looks like I won last week’s challenge.

This week’s challenge is The Legend of Korra.

You can pick any character from The Legend of Korra.

Here are some pics to get you started.

Have fun!

Korra is cute, but with these models she loses a bracelet.
Just for practice (skin tone is also difficult to fix).

And a try on waterbending >_<

11 Likes

I don’t know much about the story but I liked the guy with the fire …

17 Likes

@Relyss Great work on the hair and clothes. I like the use of color on both her hair and clothing. I like what you did with her eye color as well. Really, really good work. I also like the fact that you showed her water bending.

@TobiasSabathius It’s so beautiful, It’s like the fire is warm and glowing. I think I might make this my wall paper. How did you get the light to look like that? Did you render it in another program or use Photoshop?

Both you use guys have set the bar really high this week and I would like to thank the both of you for working on this.

I had an argument with Marmoset Toolbag a little while ago as I was to stupid too work out the materials.
This picture represents the make-up. So I rendered in Marmoset toolbag, the fire ball has an emissive texture so that it is bright and not shaded. I dropped a little orange light inside it to simulate it glowing.

Marmoset is super cheap like $40 or something and it is such a nice easy program really hard not make things look good.

Also let me know the resolution of your desktop and I will render our a correct sized picture :ghost: :dog:

5 Likes

I will check out Marmoset Toolbag and see if I can do anything with it. Did you have to to export the file as an .obj and than transfer that into Marmoset Toolbag? The free version of Qubicle Constructor Basic won’t allow you to do that. 1440x900 is my screen resolution. Thanks!!

Again thank you for the wallpaper and hard work. Great video as well.

wow, out of nowhere, two fantastic submissions… :smiley:

@Relyss, Korra is adorable… you really captured her look (i think the color palette you chose works really well)…

and @TobiasSabathius… d@mn, that is a wicked looking model/pose… the fire effect is just spot on!

1 Like

Off Topic I made Axe from Dota 2. I think he still needs work.

2 Likes

I’d stay away from the straight black, maybe a particularly dark grey, that can be accented with slightly lighter colors. That absolute black really takes away from the depth you get in voxel art it seems

Are you a magic man?

That is a seriously awesome model @TobiasSabathius. I’m running out of superlatives for you, so, stop okay!

As you wish m’lord. :bow:

If you could give me an example of what you mean. I don’t see another way to show black hair.

For black one way is to use a colour that is dark grey not black
This then gives you the option to shade the colour. (move closer to black)

Most things that are black when you look at them are actually shades of dark grey other wise all you would see would be a sillouette, an outline of negative space.

this car is black but more than 90% of the image is shades of grey

1 Like