Qubicle Creations Weekly

What he said :smile:

Exactly what @TobiasSabathius has said. You’re asking for all sorts of pain by using black.

The eyes in this model are the only things that are true black, the other “blacks” are achieved using different shades.

2 Likes

Your missing the AXE!!

p.s. Axe is awesome!

edit: punctation

Damn you guys are getting good. That Korra and Makko(?) are awesome.

Good tips, I will try that out and see what I come up with.

Seeing this example I see what you mean and I will try to adding more gray colors than black.

Axe is the man and no one can stop him.

totally gunning to see the finished AXE with one of his axes setup in the culling blade pose. (when he has just sweeped his axe down and his legs are out would be hilarious)

edit mabye make the red les bloodred and more maroonish

How does he look now guys?

2 Likes

intimidating… loving the ponytail…

I like it much better now, well done

Thank you, now to work on an axe for Axe.

1 Like

Awesome video, but you got the Korra model winner wrong… it was Relyss.

You show her model but my name. oops

Yeah, I just saw that. I will correct it and re upload a new video.

Last week winner is @TobiasSabathius again thank you for the hard work.
Let’s not forget to also thank @Relyss for making that incredible Korra and showing off her Water bending.

This week’s challenge is Dota 2.

You can pick any hero or character from Dota 2.

You also have to create and show their weapons or the magical powers or tools that they use.

Here are some pics to get you started.

Remember to have fun and try challenging your self.

i dont play the game (or really know that much about it), but that is some stellar art you’ve linked… thanks, as always!

Axe as his axe.

Thanks, I try to find the best examples of art. I want people to get inspired by what they see and try to recreate it.

Now you can see hims from all sides.

2 Likes

Hello all. Now that my mouse is repaired, I will attempt to participate more.

I decided to try modeling the Gyrocopter, which in retrospect was a lot more ambitious of a project than I originally thought.

On a semi-relate note, since I only have the free version of qubicle, I cannot create obj files and try animating. Would anyone be willing for me to send my file to them and have them email me back the obj file?

3 Likes

Dude, that a really good version of Gyro. I like your use of colors. The mix of blue and yellow is a nice touch. Don’t worry about animating it . But I would love to see him fly though that would be cool.