Qubicle Creations Weekly

Thanks @Skull24 and @SteveAdamo. I’ll try adding the gold to the waist, or at least try to make the top and bottom part more distinguishable. Maybe I can work with some colors to make the edges pop a little more.

Here i go again
Frist
Mod Edit: Images no longer exist

Small color edit, and hat
Second @SteveAdamo

6 Likes

I like all there and I like what you did with Fionna’s head. I like the way her hat raps around her head. The only thing I would improve are the colors for the other two girls (not Fionna).

LEARN YOUR ADVENTURE TIME! Jeez man, its Princess Bubblegum and Marceline. Gosh!

well done @BulletFive! which is the before, and which the after? the main differences i see are an overall lightening of the shades in the second set, with some of the facial “shading” removed as well… aside from the awesome hat and weapon of course… :wink:

if the second set is “after”, i like the new shades for Princess Bubblegum… makes her look less like Pepto… :+1:

She was hard because shes 5 different shades of pink

1 Like

5 shades of pink, the stonehearth mini stories series…I feel like this can be a thing, no?

2 Likes

@BulletFive great improvments on all three. Looks like you might win this week. I wish more people would just try to do it. It’s a good way to learn. Next week is going to be a bit more difficult. I hope your ready!

I know I am. I feel like I’ve already improved since making Link last week. Can’t wait to see the next topic; in the meantime maybe I’ll make more adventure time models.

Please do so and show then to your pals. They might want to make their own creations.

As the deadline approaches, I decided to work a little more on the Adventure Time topic. Here’s the reworked Ice Queen. There isn’t much of a difference, but the small details like the hair look a lot better and the shading is improved.

Afterwards I designed Cake. She still looks kinda weird to me, but I don’t know what more I can do to fix her.

3 Likes

Dude that’s awesome, I like the colors and shading on the Queen and the cat. Really nice!

Looks like @BulletFive is the winner of the Adventure Time challenge.

This week’s challenge is One Piece

You can pick any character from One Piece.

I removed the showing Emotions and Powers. Because I don’t think anyone wanted to do it.

Be creative!!

Here are some pictures to help you get started.

Let the fun begin!!!

2 Likes

Here’s my entry, Monkey D. Luffy.

Mod Edit: Images no longer exist

3 Likes

@Skull24 Your Luffy has two right feet :smiley:.

@mangarz Lol, oh yeah look at that. Are you going to make one? Just asking.

@mangarz I fixed it.

@Skull24 Already looking better. I’m not good in creating stuff in Qubicle, right now I’m trying to animate villagers.

How good is your animation. My understand is RE (company that making SH) will be providing us with basic animation, modding tools. That should help us all out. When were all off making MODs. But nothing is a 100% confirmed yet.

some quotes of interest here:

“I [Tom] use 3DS Max to animate. That is a very expensive program. I
can tell you 100% that we will not require 3DS Max for animation! Our
animations are stored in simple text files in a very straight-forward
file format. It should be very easy for someone familiar with an
open-source tool like Blender to write a script that exports
Stonehearth animations.”

Can we start modding with the Beta?

“Yes, modding support will be there right from the start of the beta.
It’s so baked into the game that honestly it would be hard to turn it
off. The fancy editors will be a little immature, but if you don’t
mind rolling up your sleeves and writing some LUA and JSON, you’ll be
able to write mods yourself from day 1.”

Are they primarily aesthetic items & stats or is there a scripting
component?

There’s definitely scripting. We’re trying to build as many gameplay
systems as possible using our own modding tools. Ideally, anything you
see in the game you can replicate and put your own twist on using the
modding tools. So you can add your own item, give it a cool animation,
and make it do something unique with scripts. Want a pair of magic
boots that make your worker run 3x as fast? No problem!