Pandemic's Qubicle Creations

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! Ah Chaos Space Marines and Normal Space Marines… So silleh.

1 Like

WEB-SERIES UPDATE:

So a few months back thanks to a very awesome @TobiasSabathius, I have been able to relax a bit and learn which programs I can use on my current computer for animation, sadly to say I won’t be using anything fancy like Maya or 3Ds Max due to my computer specs. Blender is the only animation program that runs smoothly enough to tell what I am doing and to work at full speed and skill.

Since that has been dealt with I need to get into some extreme animation practice for combat, lighting, camera tricks and other aspect of animated film making, so my model out put may be slowed extremely though I will try to put out a model every now and again along with some test animations to keep people interested. If anyone knows of any Stonehearth rigging dealios for Blender if you could point me inthe right direction I would be greatful.

I’ve narrowed down the trailer scenes and other details for the pilot, so look forward to that.

MODEL UPDATE:

I finished the head concept for the Uber skeleton, once I figure out the shoulders I’ll render it out and post the turntable. Aside from that, I decided I want more people to be on the series. IF anyone wants to help me out just PM.

I hope that the next thing I can post is a small animation, See you guys soon.

1 Like

I will hopefully be sorting out my animation plugin for Blender over the next 3-4 weeks or so you can have that to speed stuff up a bit. Also the ever awesome @voxel_pirate has done amazing things with blender and the creation of training videos.

Also keep up the good work, avaricious eyes are watching. :lantern: :lock_with_ink_pen:

1 Like

@Pandemic Always nice to hear some news about interesting prjects. As Tobias mentioned, feel free to visit my YouTube channel. I have created a short introduction to animating with Blender (using Armatures). Apart from that you will find a playlist including some nice tutorials from real professionals, which might help you.

At the moment I am playing around with an alternative way of animating, without “bones” and Armatures. Just today I have created a video with this approach. Not there yet… but learning every day.

Lighting and rendering is also something which is on my to-do-list for the next days / weeks.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’ll check those out :smiley:.

Hopefully it goes well xD

… ah, and regarding a “working” rig. If you download the dwarf-file which you can find in this thread, you can check the rig I have been using for some animations. Might not be the best one, but could be a starting point (or a check-point).

MODEL UPDATE:

I have finished up a new character. Her name is Ysmay, I liked the name and the series needed a female primary character.

She is the 3rd in command in the Thieves Guild. The False King had killed her family, so she joined the thieves guild to get revenge. Her talent is elimination, she is the only female to pass the 2nd rank level.

When rumor surfaced about an immortal warrior she couldn’t pass up the chance to get on their good side before the False King got to him. She recruited the help of Tobias, an old goblin warlord to help track the warrior down.

I wanted the thieves guild to have a motivation to help the main character. For her and Tobias, its revenge.

I played off of the Assassin’s Creed idea for the uniform, the white uniform is a showing of cold intention.

9 Likes

Very nice model! I’m liking the different shoulders, really adds a nice touch. The back story isvery interesting as well, it’s got me wanting more. :stuck_out_tongue: lols Keep it up!

I like the way his hair and armor is very anime in style.

the backstory is already coming together nicely, and the model looks great… as i said in your main thread, cant wait to see these come together! :+1:

… it’s kinda girl. Qubicle didn’t render the full model. xD

Oh, try using a lighter hair color and a smaller waste. Girls are harder to make and take more time.

Thing is it’s not very easy making a female model, if I lessen the waist she looks too thin to have organs. The hair color I will most definitely try though :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s are some examples of some female characters from Adventure Time. We made these a few weeks back for my Qubicle Creations Weekly. The waste on my model maybe too thin. But @BulletFive 's versions are really good and better than mine.

I don’t exactly like how thin those models waists are, it would be like that if the clothing was tight or waistless. She is wearing thick leather armor, I think the waist is very well sized. I feel like it is a better call to keep it as is rather than change it.

Oh no, I wasn’t asking you to change it. I was just trying to show you the difference in styles everyone has.

Oh xD Well thank you for that XD

That is an AMAZING model. Pandemic, you’ve stolen my heart. Will you I may be betrothed to marry vous? One thing, though… the colors keep freaking out in that turntable.

As I said, Qubicle is freaking out o me lately

3 Likes

Wow! This is amazing! I love how the hair looks :slight_smile: