Post Your Alpha 5 Screenshots!

@zippy611
Yes, but it didn’t required much work, after the second or third level of floors (not counting the base) I figured out how to make it fast.

@jonzoid
Thanks jonzoid! Yes it is hollow:

3 Likes

Working on my new Settlement!

5 Likes

Dayum That is some nice housing you got there.

1 Like

I like the deck idea. I may steal this. :smile:

1 Like

sexah new windowz!

5 Likes

And Sexaherrr Doors!

2 Likes

This one took a while! I wanted to do more but I was starting to see a lot of lag and more frequent crashes so I’m calling it a night.

The hard part was hauling all of the resources up the mountain. I’ve noticed workers aren’t very effecient over long distances so I chopped all of the wood and went up one section at a time, creating new stockpiles as I went. It took me two in-game months to complete everything.

I also noticed that you can’t build ladders up this high. You can construct buildings, but I couldn’t add ladders to it which is the reason for the makeshift staircases in the second screenshot.

9 Likes

Very nice to see some mountain builds! I tried to do some stuff with mountains in the previous version, but my project kept crashing the game out, unfortunately. I haven’t given the new update a try, though…!

I’m also spotting that incredibly-unusual occurrence of the second fire pit there! I’m hoping that they’ll be a fairly early recipe development-wise to use the chunks of stone with in the future.

:confused: Well that’s definitely a bug. Should probably make a bug report about it actually, especially if anyone else can reproduce it.

I was playing this unmodded, so the firepit was a trade. If you haven’t seen, here’s my mod that adds (among other things) the firepit recipe.

@Teleros I guess I’ll post a bug report about it. :smile:

1 Like

back around alpha 3 i think. someone asked for a tree house. it’s sort of a tree house (all the further it will get too assertion fail thingy got me.

3 Likes

It’s been a little while since someone posted a new screenshot, so I figured I’d share a picture I took while working on my current big project.

Most of you are probably familiar with this image–bare-bones conditions early on in a game. But if you look closely, you’ll notice a few of the settlers are only pretending to sleep. Sneaky!

6 Likes

Wow, people sure are creative with what they’re doing with fairly basic tools. Sure makes me want to start experimenting. Though I’ve tried manual scaffolding with building two stories and the villagers never seem inclined to go past a few blocks placed…

Don’t have anything that great to share, except something from when I just started playing (and didn’t understand building near cliffs is a no).

They just kept coming! :frowning:

5 Likes

how did this happen?

1 Like

I have a theory on “horde” happenings, when building on cliffs if your village is seemingly unreachable or pathing is tough for bad guys they build up when ever the game ticks a “spawn bad guys” command and they sit there out of sight until you place a ladder down or up from your village (freeing the pathing issue) and voila a horde happens, I’ve been creating places just to have this happen :smile:

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with building on the first layer of “rock” cliffs in the mountains. So far, I haven’t seen more than the usual amount of goblins. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered an actual swarm yet in any of my games. Maybe it has to do with certain layers of cliffs in the map?

You can make hordes happen, create a village with a wall around it with only one way in or out:

then send a worker out with a garden lamp to a fogged area and voila!

3 Likes

The above group was massive and totally wiped out my poor village and burned all the tools heh

1 Like

Wow, that’s interesting, and I know what to avoid from now on haha. I actually didn’t isolate my village that time, it was connected to several levels with ladders and I had no walls… But after that I did start making walls and settling isolated areas, and once it did indeed spawn a large horde. It actually happened in a discovered area too… I guess the game got frustrated it couldn’t spawn anything haha. Wish I screenshotted but it was such a large pack in a small area with the town I just sort of… ragequitted.