Our take on Tolkien *Community MOD*

Glad you like it and the design are good its hard to fit much detail in so little space so its well done :smiley:

Will you accept me AND MY AXE?

(btw how do i move the camera up? the pivot thingy :p)

2 Likes

To move the camera up and down (or to the right or left) press the camera button (Alt on default) then use your middle mouse button
To rotate, use Alt+Left mouse button

The Axe looks good :thumbsup:

1 Like

nice work on the ax! im assuming that’s an inlaid design, as opposed to blood, on the ax-head? :smile:

and are you the same DoomPriest from the blog comments section?

a splendid axe staight from the battle-field its great ! :smile:

On a side note I manage to plan my schedule and i will be fittlin with some modding this weekend ! :smiley: and nothing will come up this weekend

how much progress will be made I cant say for sure, But keep up the amazing job guys

1 Like

I am, yes ^^

Tried to get some blood on it, not working out yet as i wanted to lol (inlaid design seems a better option)
I’ll be doing some more tolkien / fantasy related stuff soon.

Also thanks @GreenBard, for the info!
I watched a 40 minute tutorial on how to use the editor, and forgot how to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a few mins from work and tried my hand at the Uruk-Hai sword.

Im still not good with the rotating gifs.

Let me know what you guys think.

take 2. Thanks @DoomPriest

2 Likes

Looks good.

You can use the res. gate button (located near the shading button) and click on turntable.
Then you can see what will be in the gif, and what will be outside of it.

1 Like

The sword looks really cool, although I don’t know if there is any method to make it smaller in-game. If not then this is probably going to be a head taller than a human. But if you CAN resize them somehow, that would be like awesome.

1 Like

yes, models can be resized in-game (which is how the titan in the opening video is handled)… but i’ll leave it to someone more technically adept in this area to elaborate… :smile:

2 Likes

its set in the rendering size I think items have that attribute as well,
@Lele99 nice job man has a distinctive Uruk-Hai feel to it

1 Like

Refined the axe, then immediatly went onto the hobbit/halfling houses. (I guess they need to have a roof aswell no?)

I was wondering though if there is some sort of spoiler tags to hide the pictures? So for the ones who dont want to view it dont have to scroll massively through them.

2 Likes

I can’t quite remember if spoiler tags are in yet …

Edit: Nope, apparently not!

Odd really.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-do-you-spoiler-an-image-or-onebox/55

@system @system @system what are we doing wrong?

Maybe we don’t have the plugin.

this is a test… this one got me… worked on it for a while…

2 Likes

These are amazing guys, really nice work ! :smiley:

wow, really well done! this is a considerable improvement over your original design… :+1:

nice! but dont let @Tom see those attempts at spherical shapes… just ask @Geoffers747 what happened last year… shudders

yeah, it seems there are a number of BBCode tags we had at one time, that no longer work… spoiler tags, font colors, sizes…

looks good! given the hilt & blade proportions, is this a short sword?

3 Likes

@SteveAdamo, Yes. It is a short sword. Its my rendition of a famous short sword in Tolkien’s world actually.

Sting perhaps? :smiley:

1 Like

You are correct… critiques… I found this one to be the hardest sword to-date… just hard to get the curves in…