Númenorian armory (MOD)

Me too =(
I mean quote price characteristic of the appeal for the chest

1 Like

:smile:

I guess I’ll see it when I start to dig in the code :desktop_computer:

1 Like

Quick question regarding the mithril.
Since it is a new resource do i need to create a new save file?

If that is needed for the mithril to spawn maybe it could be usefull to add it to the mod discription cause i looked in there but could not find the awnser ^¢^

Really like the mod!

2 Likes

Hi! -Thanks! :smiley:

No, you should not need to re-save, or re-spawn the world/game.
For the moment the mithril is created using ordinary silver ore, -it would be cool if I could add the ‘Mithril Ore’ in the Anórien Biome at some point.

I haven’t really figured out what would be best…
So for now, silver will do :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, I could really need some thoughts, help and ideas! :grinning:

Regarding ‘The Shards of Narsil’? (They are needed to forge the sword Andúril)

-At the moment they are crafted by the smith, but my idea was to somehow make them unique (only one of each shard shall exist), and maybe have them scattered around the world randomly to be found by the player?

What do you think folks?
And if so, how would I go about it with the code?

The Mithril Silver

-I’m thinking of adding ‘Mithil Silver Ore’ it to the Anórien Biome, but then the mithril items could only be crafted while playing on that particular biome.

I would like it to work with other biomes too of course :slightly_smiling_face:

The Sword Glamdring

I would like the blade to have a slight glow effect (emission?) of moonlight-silver.
Not like the glow of a lantern, but actual glowing voxels on the blade.
I tried this before, but it was a long time ago, I could really need some help and pointers here too.
Also, it would be great if this sword could be made unique, so you only can craft(or get) it once.

Does this sound good?

Let me know :grinning:

1 Like

Your ideas sounds good to me and it also will make them more special and feel more like you worked towards getting a hold of this unique shard.
If you can just get as many as you like it will make them imo into a generic random weapon so i think your way will be the best :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work your doing an amazing job :smiley:

1 Like

Yea i really like the idea of the sword to be a unique.

Regarding the Mithril Silver ingots, making a craftable like steel with a recipe like 3 silver ore, 1 coal and 1 wood would be nice. And also make Mithril silver ore that only spawns in small portions in the biome. This way you fix both problems at once. This makes the biome not nessesary but still making it a pro for playing on that map with this mod.

And i like the idea of the glow. Maybe you could even make it so that it only glows at night ^¢^

2 Likes

Loving the mod so far! Small question though.

*Right now, only knights seem to have an armor set and weapons. Is there going to be any armor for the basic soldiers? They have a helmet but no armor, shield, or 1 handed weapons. I was thinking that in relation to the Lore, Knight could be like the fountain guard… With the plumed helmet, cape, and nice tower shield. Where the basic soldier has the normal Gondor soldiers armor …

• Also, what about Archers armor? Would be cool to see them also in Gondorian armor. Maybe with a speed debuff since theyd be in plate armor like the movies. Or Ranger armor that gives a slight speed boost or something.

Just an idea! :slight_smile: Thanks for everything so far! Hope this all made sense :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It makes sense to add the appearance of the undead in the event. From the undead will drop items that are needed to make both things and ingots. Thus, a good version of the recipe for the mithril ingot: the Yangzhoui version “3 silver ore, 1 coal and 1 wood” + a special drop item. Such items should drop well, but the undead troops must be strengthened, because this is the high end of the items.

Thus, we will leave the special ore in favor of the events of spawn creatures that can be attributed to any biome.

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning::+1:
-Yes, it should be like a ‘reward’ when you find all shards, and can finally forge the sword Andúril, and give one of your heroes a weapon of extra ‘might’ :slightly_smiling_face:

The way players could benefit from playing on the Anórien biome, when also using this MOD!
-That’s a GREAT idea! I didn’t think of it like that! -Thank you! :smiley:

I would really want it to glow/shine when Orcs and Goblins are near :heart_eyes:
But I have NO idea how to make that happen! :sweat_smile::laughing:

Yes! -I will make armor for all classes, Archers, Guards, Soldiers, and Sergeants :grinning:

I also want to make ‘Rangers of Ithilien’ who will be like the next-level archers, or upgraded archers ^^

-The idea with the knight’s being Fountain Guards is really good!
-I have a thought though about maybe making it a parallel class to the Knight? :slightly_smiling_face:

I made a version of the Fountain Guard/Guard of the Citadel helmet previously.
But I never finished it, -though I will get back on it soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Fountain Guard Helmet

Hmm, I haven’t tried anything yet with monsters and creatures, -though I have a plan to make a MOD (-so far I have only given it a temporary name; ‘Dark Forces of Middle Earth’ or DFoME)
It’s not even a WIP yet, only a Folder on my drive so far :smile:
But to have enemies drop loot would be a great thing, or maybe have missions with certain rewards.
I think I have a long way to go before I can learn how to make that happen though :fearful::smile:

1 Like

So far I made a change in the new update (Coming soon) how the Mithril will be crafted.

The thing is that you can find small ‘bits’ of Mithril Silver, in ordinary Silver Ore.
In the same manner as crafting has a chance of creating a ‘Fine’ item, there will be a chance of extracting Mithril Silver Nuggets, that later can be smelted into a Mithril Silver Bar.

Most of the time the extraction will ‘fail’, resulting in the loss of the resources used, and you will only end up with a simple Hunk’ o Stone.
So, thereby there is a ‘cost’ and a risk crafting Mithril.

Also, -I’m uncertain of the name, Mithril Silver Flakes. -Is it fitting?
‘Mithril Silver Flakes’ have been replaced with ‘Mithril Silver Nuggets’ :+1:

What do you think? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I really like it altho i think 10 flakes on 1 bar is a bit to much considering it only has a small chance of succeeding and you use quite a lot of materials on it.

What i would sugest is make the ratio 1 bar to 3 “flakes” and make the chance of getting a “flake” about 25%.

This means that you need an avarage of 60 silver ore, 12 wood and 27 coal to make 1 mithril bar

And i would say dont make it flakes but make it nuggets :smiley: . I use nuggest myself as well and if you want you can use the base model for it.

I really like the idea of having to gamble your silver to get the mitrhil bars!

1 Like

Yeah, I guess your right about the ratio, I’ll lower it, -now you said it, I totally agree with you!
Mithril is supposed to be extremely rare though…

And Nuggets! -I absolutely missed that! Definitely a more fitting name than flakes :smiley:

Thank you! :+1::+1:

I’ll figure out the nugget design, -big thanks for the offer though :grinning:

NUGGETS! -So obvious, yet still, I missed that one :sweat_smile:

Glad you like it.

I would say first take in concideration how many silver ore it must roughly cost at average to get one bar. Then think of how much you want to let fate decide.

Take for insance you want them to need 80 silver for 1 bar then you have a many options. A few examples:
5 silver ore for a try on a nugget
20% chance it gives one (chance 1/4)
that means 5 x 4 = 20 silver a nugget avarge
then you would let it require 4 nuggets

If you would want it to be more of a gable you could do something like

2 silver ore for 1 try
10% chance it gives one (1/10)
that means 2 x 20 = 20
Then you would let it require 4 nuggets

The other way around if you want it less luck based

8 silver ore for 1 try
40% chance it gives one (1/2.5)
that means 8 x 2.5 = 20
Then you would let it require 4 nuggets

As you see this is an example where you at all times need 4 nuggets but the amount of luck is widely spread between the version.

If you want me to make a good ratio for you tell me the avarage amount of ore they must be using for one bar and the % chance the craft should yield a nugget. I kanida like math so i gladly make an formula for you ^^

1 Like

Yeah! You nailed it on that one! :smiley:
Thank you for the great feedback, -I really appreciate it!
It made me re-think allot also :+1:

I’m glad for the help -I definitely have to think about how the resources should be balanced (=
Three Nuggets for One Bar feels just right anyhow ^^

1 Like

Wow really love your Models. And as a LotR Fan i have to try it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi -Thanks! Please do :smiley:

1 Like

This doesnt work with A23 right now, does it?

1 Like

I don’t think so, I’m working on an update for A22, I will try to make an A23 version next week :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

what happened I want more mod porfa if they can update the haganlo

1 Like