Nihonjin: Japanese Themed Mod [On Hold]

will you add the takeada and the oda and the others?

Takeada and Oda clans?

better late than never! and i really like the subtle outfit updates… it’s funny how something so “simple” can can such a visual impact on the model…

as @Pandemic mentioned, perhaps a slight tweak to the belt would help distinguish it, as the male’s “strap” somewhat blends in…

I don’t think that it would be a good idea. In my view, Stonehearth is trying to be vague about the cultures they’re imitating. It would get messy and awkward if we had to divide things into actual, existing civilizations.

Ah, but he is not working on Stonehearth, he is working on a mod of Stonehearth, where he is not bound by such a parameter set by the developers on themselves. His intent on purpose is to represent a specific culture.

2 Likes

Carpenter Reskin:

Did some work on male and female carpenter models. Also displaying my first attempt at a female hairstyle (still has a few rough spots). Made the belts a little darker than the worker models.

Thoughts about the small apron? To subtle? I didn’t want to take away from the kimono look.

Middle Mute vs Outer Original?

3 Likes

i dont think so… you still can clearly see the pouch… looks great!

i like what you did with the female hairstyle too… sublte but effective…

The models themselves seem alright, I feel they are too close to the source model though. If I’m looking down at the original carpenter and this one will I see a different look or just the same looking model? I think you should mute the blue a little bit and get there neck linings to match, thats all I can think of :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant the color of the darkest blue, on the male model it blends in with the shirt color xD Should’ve been more specific sorry…

Awwwwh mannnnn. And I wasted a whole like 5 minutes on that color swap… :wink:
Well at least i fixed his inner shirt color so it’s red… So default colors but muting the collar/kimono overlap line?

If you replace the vanilla civilizations the similar colors might not be an issue… as long as your designs are coherent, no?

As of right now that’s pretty much what I’m doing. For me the mods focus is just going to be basically a Japanese themed graphic re-skin as Radiant updates the game. I’m kinda going this route for a few reasons.

1. It’ll be easier for players to tell which classes are which if they share similar colors, thus making it easier to shift from vanilla StoneHearth to these mods.

2. This will allow me to build up a model bank as I try to learn how to code in Lua before I start adding new features to the game.

3. I’m also starting to play with the idea of creating a Mod Collection of sorts. This way if users just want specific parts of my creations they can. Ex) Re-skin Mod. Japanese Smiting Mod. Japanese Religion Mod. Japanese Modual Mod. and so on.

Update: I got a little bored and something happened…

Farmer is that you? Interesting at the very least… What’cha think?

9 Likes

@Avairian Its all looking very nice :smiley: You sure those guys arent a farmer and a fisherman?(hope there will be a fishing profession in vanilla and this one since it is a very good source of food) :grin:

Spending some time today touching up a few models and working on a few ideas in anticipation for the release tomorrw. Nothing new to show today though.

I however wanted to see if anyone who is skilled at animating may be willing to make a few animations for me once the alpha is released and I officially begin my work. I most likely won’t be able to start learning animating anytime soon as I’m learning C++ this semester on top of my Lua study, but I have a few animations planned that I’d really like to get into my mod. Message me if you’d be interested.

I’ll post an update within the next few days.

2 Likes

bah! was all excited to see what you had cooked up pre-alpha… guess I’ll have to wait a bit more… :blush:

I had a few things planned for pre-alpha, but my exams wouldn’t give me the time. :frowning:

1 Like

oh fine … school first and all that… :wink:

still, can’t wait to see what you cook up!

To give you a little taste to what is to come though, the last thing I was working on before my exams was the rough character model for Amaterasu, the sungoddess. :wink: First step for one of my module ideas.

Inspiration Image:

Update:
With alpha out I decided to look at something simple I could add to my mod that has functionality. With this I thought of one of the worker comments about having a single food diet and food came to mind.

The green tea plant stumped me for quite awhile until I stumbled across this picture and decided to make a type of flower instead. As the flower matures the plant will grow tiny leaves underneath the flowers. These leaves can be harvested by your workers and turned into some delicious green tea.

These are my first attempt at any type of plant life, The leaves are a little hard to see, so I may have to rethink the design or change the colors some. Please give me some feedback as to what everyone thinks about this idea.

5 Likes

Alpha Moding

I’ve been spending a little time messing around with Alpha 1 and redesigning some models based on the new official models. Decided to post a few pics at what I’ve been up to.

7 Likes

Looking good my friend, keep it up,

1 Like