Nihonjin: Japanese Themed Mod [On Hold]

I’m not familiar with some of those terms but Ashigaru were the lowest military units and ‘Bushi’ is another term for ‘Samurai’. So that ranking system would really have to be changed.

Right now the classes I have figured out are the Ashigaru, Elite Ashigaru, Samurai and Elite Samurai. Possibly also having a special Daimyo class.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking, I don’t know if it’s possible with what the state the game is in now. However I think it would be really cool if you could find a way to incorporate Bushido in the citizen’s AI.

I think so as well. I’ve been brainstorming it a little bit.

What aspects of Bushido would you really enjoy seeing in game?

I’m still holding my breath waiting for the update :wink:

2 Likes

Well for example, you could attempt to put in place a honor system so to speak. So when the trapper goes out to get something that is trapped but gets nothing for the day he loses honor points. Lower honor points will have the citizens treat them differently.

Could be a little complicated though.

IS this mod compatable with alpha 8???

I don’t think @Avairian has got to it yet. but hopefully he will have it soon :slight_smile:

(btw avairian wait until you see my hospital bills, I had no idea intravenous oxygen was so expensive. :wink: )

–edit: as soon as you have a “pre-release version” of Nihonjin i’m available for testing if you need it.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but the link seems to be dead.
Dropbox says that the dara was deleted or put anywhere else.
Could you please fix this? I’d really like to try your awesome mod. :smiley:

im afraid that @Avairian hasnt updated the mod to accommodate current alphas for awhile, or at least hasnt updated the main post to say that he has…

Oh, that’s unfortunate.
I was really looking forward to the mod…

Well, maybe he’ll pick it up again in the future…

1 Like

well he might be working on it behind the scenes, dont get your hopes to high though :confused:

1 Like

I can say 100% that he’s working on it. Just be patient guys.

2 Likes

thanks for telling us @Pandemic, i was really hoping he was just working behind the scenes, and i most definitely will be patient :smile:

He and I have been really busy, He has loads of things on his plate but I did do some new models and such for it not too long ago so patience would be great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

-lurks in from the shadows; :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Mod Progression Changes

Hello everyone! Sorry for not being very social lately. As @Pandemic has kindly pointed out, I have been working on Nihonjin in the background. I haven’t done a ton, but I’ve been trying to keep it up to date and I may have a few surprises in store once i get some kinks worked out.

I wanted to take this time to discuss a few changes I will be making to my development process for this mod.

1. I am going to be focusing on releasing Nihonjin updates for Stable Alpha releases only. This will allow me to keep the mod up to date a lot easier and allow me to keep updating with my busy life.
  2. New Release / Mod Topic coming soon! With the emergence of Stonehearth onto Steam Early access I want to get the mod up and running again to help show what us community members can do and how modable the game is. I decided a new fresh topic could be used for the central hub of the mod, while this topic can remain as a “dev blog” type topic to keep the other one clean but still allow for discussion.

I’m aiming for a Friday/Saturday release for the mod. I’m having a few issues with updating to Alpha 10 as well as the next few days of mine I will be attending to other business.

I’ll keep you posted.

~Avairian

P.S. I hope you still love me :heart:

8 Likes

[quote=“Avairian, post:358, topic:2289”]
I have been working on Nihonjin in the background.
[/quote]im so happy to hear this :smile:

I am going to be focusing on releasing Nihonjin updates for Stable Alpha releases only.
[/quote]smart move

With the emergence of Stonehearth onto Steam Early access I want to get the mod up and running again to help show what us community members can do and how modable the game is.
[/quote]thats a great idea :grin:

i will always love you :heart: :blush:

3 Likes

yay @Avairian is back.

Exciting news. Cannot wait for them updates.

3 Likes

Hi, i cant download the file :(, any mirrors or something?

@Bebop unfortunately the mod is not updated to the current version. @Avairian is very busy and hasn’t had the time to update it.

2 Likes