Mod Spiros Window+Gate Mod

I come to the Point while building, where i think i need other Windows and Doors.
And so i want to ask you, do you also need more Windows and Doors, and maybe
if somebody has an idea, how they should look like.

!!!Actual Mod Version at the End of this Thread.!!!

here a few ideas.

27 Likes

They are glorious. I must have them, immediately

1 Like

I am lost for words! THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!

2 Likes

Outstanding models so far. Personally I’d love to see some small windows or rather narrow slits for proper fortress walls. 1x2 and 2x1 would be great, 1x1 would also be welcome.

We definitely need more windows!

1 Like

i had time :slight_smile:

here is the Preversion, its NOT finaly work!!

Spiros_window_mod.zip (71.9 KB)

So there is my question: Does someone know, whats wrong with the Building_brushes.json, btw why the new Stuff doesnt accessible at the building menu?

@SachielMF like this?
i made a second one out of wood :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a very nice window, but I think speaking of fortress slits we are looking for something more archaic:

Less beauty, more purpose. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to admit that I had more in mind what Frostbyte just posted, but the one you made looks fitting for a gallery of some kind. Great work.

1 Like

if i get the Mod working, i make some like these :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I fixed it, now it Works :slight_smile:
Dont ask how i fixed it. thanks to jomaxro, you helped me, even when im not able to explane how.

The most windows are working. only the big one ,3x5 and the small one 1x2 are a bit buggy, i solve it as fast as
i know how. but till that, you can have fun with them :slight_smile:
Spiros_window_mod.zip (71.9 KB)

2 Likes

Now you can find all Windows working on http://praisedb.x10.bz/
thx all for help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Something’s not working out as intended. As soon as I get a carpenter, this pops up:

“release-549 (x64)c++ exception: invalid file path ‘/Spiros_window_mod/jobs/carpenter/recipes/reinforced_double_recipe.json’.stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:106: in function ‘_build_craftable_recipe_list’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:69: in function 'activate’
radiant/modules/common.lua:489: in function ‘create_controller’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:26: in function ‘_ensure_job_id’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:33: in function 'get_job’
stonehearth/services/server/job/job_service.lua:46: in function 'get_job_info’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:509: in function ‘get_job_info’
…rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:17: in function 'run’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:514: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>”

Edit: Yeah, the reinforced_double_door.json is missing. Deleted the entry from the recipe.json and it seems to work.

Edit 2: They actually built a house with small hexagon windows. Loving it already. Minor gripe: The new recipes for the mason all require wood instead of stone.

2 Likes

Thank you. I delete the Door, and fixed the recipes, now you need stone for them ^^.

Praise is also Updated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for adding it to praise :smiley: you’re a star!

@Shizuyori : Praise is awesome, my other mod got there 120 Downloads :blush:

i promised i make a archaic, so Try1:

its realy simple, to simple? Or is that what you want?

5 Likes

Verry Nice :smiley: keep the good work and i wish windows had glass

Windows are a huge Problem, Qubicle dont have transparent voxels :frowning:

Looking good so far. The different shades of grey might look off when inserted into a wall with a single shade. I’d rather go for a dark frame for better contrast and readability. Other than that, not too simple at all. Could be even narrower, but this is good as is already.

1 Like

Ok thanks, Try 2:

i make a small change, the Opening is now bigger on the outer side of the window.
The Color will be a problem, to get the right one. What do you think, We will need 3 archaic, for each Stonecolor one, do we?.

2 Likes

awesome stuff i’d love to have some new windows so gonna give this a try :slight_smile:

1 Like