[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

We have a lot of work to do to make the storage things extensible. This is definitely part of that. It is on the list but… not very high. But We do know about it!

Thanks for the comment. I figured there were many other more critical or easier things on your list already. I’d be kind of surprised if you hit this up again before Alpha 15 or so :wink:

Will the bug where Hearthlings dont lay in fur beds ever be fixed? They lay on the ground.
I had a picture but ofc the print screen lags behind, so don’t have it now!

Also where the Carpenter doesn’t need a workbench to craft any of the items, hehe.

Yes, I actually have a working alpha 12 build right now with fixed recipes for each workbench and also new workbenches, but I will wait until the official release of alpha 12 before updating the download link.

As for the fur bed bug I wasn’t aware of that one but im sure I will be able to fix that in the next release, thanks for letting me know.

Sure sure. <3 This mod is so cute and nice~, I love the extra decorations. Thank you for making it!

Another thing, either I’m blind as a bat or my regular wooden sign is missing.
Does it get replaced by one of the new signs? ouo

It shouldn’t all of the mod is done by mixins and not overrides so no items within vanilla Stonehearth should be affected. Also I did just test with the build I am using and the regular wooden sign was there so that’s a bit of a strange one.

RIP my wooden sign, forever gone. xDD

Mod updated to version 906 with compatibility with alpha 12, fixed beds and some new stuff. This version includes some new doors, windows, and a potted version of the Sunflower and Foxfire plants. Beds have also been fixed so hearthlings sleep properly and will also now sleep under the covers.

As you may know a potter is going to be added to the game so there is no longer any reason to have my own version, so for now the potter is gone until Radiant add it into the game. Once they do I have already changed the mod so that my stuff will be added alongside it. If you are really desperate to have the potter it is possible to promote a worker to the potter if you have the debug tools and then spawn clay in and the potter will already work fine.

Little tip there is a Modmanager named praise :wink: best upload it there

Got the following lua error during world generation:

release-465 (x64)
co-routine failed: std::exception: '‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘plants:sunflower’ in the manifest.'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.luac:9: in function ‘create_entity’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:373: in function ‘place_item’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:356: in function ‘try_place_item’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:414: in function ‘_place_dense_items’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:358: in function ‘fn’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:369: in function ‘place_features’
…rth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.luac:377: in function ‘place_flora’
…erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:85: in function ‘fn’
…nehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.luac:6: in function ‘measure’
…erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:85: in function ‘_place_flora’
…erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:76: in function ‘_generate_tile_internal’
…erver/world_generation/world_generation_service.luac:58: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>

World generation freezes and game has to be Alt-F4ed. Just figured I’d let you know it was happening, I’ve used your mod since I started playing the game and I don’t wanna uninstall it D:

The mod looks great, but i encountered a few problems( by a few problems i mean the mod doesnt work problems)
It seems like the game doesn’t recognize the trowel and places it in the “uncategorized” category, im not able to promote the gardener :disappointed:

it does work if the trowel is outside a crate but:

Gardener's Trowel doesn't work for Rayya's children?

@omar.elnaggary @Cirdain Unfortunately I couldn’t replicate either of these bugs are you both updated to alpha 12 release 465, if you are updated could you upload your Stonehearth mods folder for me to take a look. Thanks.

Great mod here The_M! :grinning: BTW I have encountered what @Cirdain reported. In my case the “bug” was triggered when generating a new world and I had both the latest Settlement Decor mod and the Stonehearth Cafe 1.4 mod. Either mods would be fine but would definitely cause the issue when used in conjunction. In fact a another error would occur and report the ff:

co-routine failed: std::exception: ‘‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘plants:foxfire’ in the manifest.’

Hope my report helps.

[StoneHearth release-472] Compatibility with some mods!

Thanks for the report I have now already found the problem that is causing this and will be releasing a fix soon possibly tonight.

Updated with the fix, the mod should play nice with others now. Though the spawning of sunflowers and foxfire is more generous than before and more than I would like it to be.

@The_M where should we get the new update dropbox upload or the gihub link??

There is no github link, so always use the dropbox link in the first post that has the latest version.

roger that @The_M thanks for the hard work. :grinning:

Sorry for the delay on this one, though the mod should now be compatible with alpha 13. I have also added a few new items and adjusted the spawning of Sunflower’s and Foxfire so there isn’t quite as much and the distribution is much better. I am now starting the process of getting the mod to a finished complete version so some models will be changed to hopefully improve them, items can be bought and sold at balanced prices and images will be adjusted.