[MOD] Kaimonkey's Traits Version 3 -- Now with Pacifists, Barbarians and more!

only problem with this is he/she doesnt want to up dmg or throw off balance. ie: why his/her traits affect only mind/body/spirit

I’m kinda disappointed with the suggestions here. The reason this mod is so great is because it has created some really different or creative traits, but all the suggestions here are just small variations, complements or inverse of what he already did. For example, he creates a fat trait, people suggests a skinny trait. A demon trait? Wait for an angel suggestion… Common guys, step up the suggestions.

Here a few strange enough examples:
A mimic trait. The person will keep shifting his traits to mimic the those with whom he interacts.
A cursed trait. Every few hours or other chosen time interval it will shapeshift into another species. (orc, goblin, geomancer golem, ogre, stone golem, etc…)

5 Likes

Prolific smoker: smokes a pipe at all times. (including effect!)
Upsides and Downside s I have no idea about but a prolific pipe smoker might just be cool to see XD

1 Like

(Joke) Headless:
“My mother always said I’d lose my head if it wasn’t attached… turns out it wasn’t, and I’ve gone and lost it…”

Hearthling has no head (nor hair, beard, etc). This likely has some predictable effects on one’s Mind attribute…

Pumpkinhead (alternative):
The Headless Hearthling kept creeping out others, so s/he carved up a pumpkin into a replacement. Still not the highest Mind score in the village, but such Spirit from the perpetually cheerful looking lad/lass!

1 Like

Scarecrow-syndrome
This Hearthling suffers of a very unusual affliction. Instead of sleeping they just go to your farms and stand there with their arms open. They may be tired often (less diligence) but the overall crop quality of your town increases, probably because no pests approach them! (increased odds of getting higher quality crops)

3 Likes

Ooooh! You’ll have to let me know how you did a few things. This makes me want to make my mod’s Necromancer trait allow for instant Necro on that person. I’m guessing other citizens still require the normal path to promote into a Footman? Does this work with Northern Alliance having Archer come before Footman? Very curious and excited!

Battle Worn: Older veteran of the army, can be a knight or is a knight, just slower as he is older, increased Body and Mind, can not be demoted

2 Likes

Both the favoured soul and the barbarian promote the hearthling to a job which either is (cleric) or could be (footman in NA) a 2nd tier job. All it means is if they are demoted then they need to train up the tree normally to get their old job back!

I think implementing ideas from here into your mod is a great idea, just download it and have a look at barbarian.lua and divine_soul.lua

1 Like

oh i didn’t realize that lol

understandable

!!! WARNING !!!
Use in conjunction with Hearthlings of Many Faces may result in IMPOSTERS!

Not sure there’s much you can do about it, but was amused to come across it and thought i’d share in case you weren’t aware of this mashup

2 Likes

Unfortunately they not something I can fix on my end as the authors of that mod has (I think intentionally) ignored the “hidden” flag on my character components. The only vanilla piece to use the flag is the magnificent beard, so I guess they decided they wanted to prioritize customization over consistentency

This looks like a great idea and well executed. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Here are some traits that you may be interested in:

Hoarder
This hearthling has an inexplicable need to hold on to things whenever possible as well as an impressive capacity for carrying more than the average. Loose items littering the floor are no eyesore for a hoarder, if it were allowed their house would be a stockpile floor to ceiling.
(Probably demote dropping items to the least priority in the AI, also the negative appeal that is normally found for items on the floor should be a positive effect on a Hoarder. Might be stepping on the toes of Pack Mule, but I think the increase carrying weight is appropriate).

Edit: tbh, I’m not sure if all the hearthlings already have this trait to some extent :stuck_out_tongue:

Dwarven Lineage
A distant ancestor of this hearthling was a Dwarf, or so the story goes, which explains their innate ability to find ore where others would only find stone.
(Increases the drop chance of ore when mining stone.)

I like the second one

furthermore great mod, looking forward to running it in a playthrough.

Prosthetic Legs
This Hearthling decided to go toe to toe with an alligator and somehow survived to tell the tale. Unfortunately they lost both legs and really struggle with steps.
(They take ages to go up or down a block haha, I can’t think of a plus side, maybe they inspire courage to those nearby).

Hunter

Trained archer , same as barbarian. Could add some flavor

Nobleman

Trained knight, a high ranking military hearthling got ousted in a coupe and had to run. Somehow he ends up in your settlement.

I think Divine Soul is causing issues with Clan Amberstone because they do not have clerics but this trait is spawning them with a book equipped already.

release-893 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:283: assertion failed!

stack traceback: [C]: ? [C]: in function ‘assert’ stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:283: in function ‘promote_to’ kmnky_traits/data/traits/divine_soul/divine_soul.lua:25: in function <kmnky_traits/data/traits/divine_soul/divine_soul.lua:20> [C]: ? [C]: in function ‘update’ radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function ‘_update’ radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

Howdy,

Do you mean the clang amberstone character you gain through the questline, or the clan amberstone mod?

If its the former I am slightly loathed to fix this bug, because as far as I am concerned this bug is just a more extreme version of a bug you can get in the base game, that Amberstone Citizens can get the “passionate cleric” trait.

I will fix it eventually, I expect. Almost none of my traits will work for non human hearthlings, but I would like to give TR a chance to fix this oversight first

I am referring the questline characters.

Another possible issue is that barbarian archers do not equip quivers.

Barbarians also do not have access to classes featured in the ‘High Class’ mod.

That is intentional, they already have an innate damage boost, and quivers are considered armor