Just a screen of my city in progress :P( friday update i guess)

I hope you don’t mind if I pin some of this stuff for inspiration!

pin away :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:

By the way, how is the game running?
Do you have any problems?
What are your Pc specs?
And I think that the devs would like to have your save game file when you are done.
Maybe @not_owen_wilson or @sdee or any other devs(names give me names) could use it for optimization of the game.

Not really had any major slowdowns as of of alpha 19…but did have heartlings seeming very inactive in 17/18 but the game itself ran decent.
Removing stock piles and using containers instead seems to have helped me quite a bit as well.
I also keep the map relatively clean of junk laying around at all times.

there are some issues on very large building that take a long time to design. the game itself wont slow down as sutch, But placing a block will take quite a lot of time and you will have a pretty frustrating time delay on that.

But it mainly seems as an issue, if you have been building on the same thing for some hours.
Save and reload and that takes the worst of the delay. But still an issue i would say.

this is build almost 100% on my laptop a pretty old machine by now! specs goes as

i7 3610qm 2,3 ghz
radeon 7970m 2 gig
24 gigs of ram 1600 mhz
2 pretty fast SSD’s
win 7

I think they have an old version version of it already :slight_smile: But ill gladly upload the save for anyone that wants to have a look or a try especially the devs if it helps them!

the save itself has lots of bugs tho :stuck_out_tongue: startup errors. No daily updates so i cant get more heartlings :and probably a few other things >.<

Will be at least 4 months before im done tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That gate and walls must have taken forever to build slab by slab :smiley: i like it specially the nice art on the gate door :slight_smile:

gate toke a bit of time but the walls is mostly copy paste :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

those ballistas on the castle walls are very impressive

1 Like

https://stonehearth-templates.com/template/40/

:wink:

1 Like

bah gawd. lets get some of them bridge close ups. press alt + g to toggle ui for better screenshots

1 Like

Dont think it works in windowed mode, with the UI :stuck_out_tongue:
but there you are.

9 Likes

Looks amazing…keep up the great work and keep sharing progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! This is impressive. I only wish I was this good at designing buildings or castles!

1 Like

wow, this just keeps getting better and better! i’m amazed you’re still able to play, i know my computer would’ve quit long before where you are now.

keep up the good work :smile:

it does, though it’s actually Alt+Z :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh well i dont play much :stuck_out_tongue: my hearthlings do their things…well farming…
I dont bother them much and they dont bother me much :smiley:
rare once in a while one of them is asked to hang a lamp or collect trash…and most important of all cut trees!

they like going weird places to eat…but thats sortof cool.
again i don’t really feel like the game is massively slowed down…not that it runs fast But i would still play it in the speed im getting…it takes forever to load tho :stuck_out_tongue: even from an ssd but i dont really mind that when it runs decent.

I dont get great frames but that’s my grafics cards fault most likely. She’s an old lady…

2 Likes

Are you putting any furniture or decorations in the buildings, or just concentrating on the exterior?

was planning on eventually doing the insides…but currently its not really feasible.

the building see tru tool just makes it impossible (and does not work in my buildings anyways, all slabs) and placing the camera manual, inside building for the right view angel is so time consuming i dont see that happening.

personally i think the see tru tool should be removed and just have the cutting tool for 1 block at a time.

Doubt you would have any performance loss that way as it already works great for mining.

4 Likes

just more wall

9 Likes

Not really been playing this game for ages…its not really finished…But i kinda doubt i will be returning anytime soon if at all.

So uploading the save game if anyone wants a look or something…

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Sa8ogmH3qhMUVLcEhNLWNicGs

4 Likes

wasnt gonna share it before i finished my own project with them but here it is.

elefant_template.7z (21.1 KB)

i changed the shield logo placement a bit for my final version but forgot to save it…but looks bit better and easy to change.

@EregionChannel just tagging you since you asked.

7 Likes

Now that’s impressive!

I have to ask though, how did you get that much water in your game? I don’t ever have enough to fill my moats and man-made rivers.

And lastly, and evil-ly, can’t wait for siege weapons to be part of the game! MUWHAHAHAHAH!! (Evil Face)

: D

-Surly

1 Like