Forum upgrade downtime - 2013/08/13 18:00 UTC

I’ll be bringing the forums down for a short period of time to upgrade the awesome.

5 Likes

Does this update bring about the rounded notifications?!

Because I’m probably more excited for those things than I should be.

i’m looking forward to an expand/collapse feature… :smile:

i think i may pull the change log using the steps @system outlined here, just to see what we have in store…

@Geoffers747 rounded what?

@SteveAdamo don’t be so mean to post links to a topic which is limitted in access :disappointed:

And I hope for this features most:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/request-for-discourse-features/2491?u=voxel_pirate

Number 2 is already implemented, for some reason it’s just not displaying correctly on some of the files we uploaded here - I’m sure it’ll all be remedied with the update.

And the rounded icons

Ah… I have seen them in the meta-forum, but I think I like the square-ones more (influenced by Tom?) :wink:.

3 Likes

@system do you have any kind of estimate for how long they’ll be down for? A few hours? A day?

Blasphemy. Burn the heretic.

I for one welcome our new circular counters.

It’s usually not long at all, @system is that good that the updates usually finish before he starts them.

2 Likes

The problem I have with the round notifier is, that the asterisk looks like it is not centered in the circle :disappointed:.

3 Likes

Oh good :smile:

And I’m in agreement with @voxel_pirate on that, it makes me want to scream :scream: but I’ll control myself :passport_control:

deepest apologies my friend… that was actually a PM… :scream:

i think i prefer the square as well… dont be too upset @Geoffers747:kissing_cat:

HOT CLOSE UP ACTION OF SEXY SQUARE NOTIFICATIONS:

(actually, that is pretty damn good-looking)

6 Likes

Now that looks very nice :smile:

Dat Square.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That was fast… and at least the attachments do have now also a counter indicating how often they have been downloaded.

Unfortunately, the avatars of our moderators still are not glowing :disappointed:.

so, i see a (very) faint shading around our names… did you read about another visual distinction somewhere? would be interested in seeing it myself… :smiley:

Oooo the ‘topic progress’ bar is now green as you progress, nice.

And the categories are rectangular!

Ah everything looks that little bit prettier :smile:

Somewhat on topic for forum upgrades, (good job, @system, btw) does anyone remember when the site went down every 5 minutes?

1 Like