[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday. More UI work, plus women!

http://stonehearth.net/2013/10/29/desktop-tuesday-more-ui-work-plus-women/

Finally we see some emancipation :wink:. Nice to see how the single components come together. Almost looks like a game on the screenshots :smiling_imp:.

5 Likes

Woot, update time! Now to see if I can read it on this sparkly new ā€œsmart phoneā€ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: sweet baby geezuz, I loves me those stockpile icons!

1 Like

Did I miss something or was it not mentioned so far that you can assign specific resource-types to single stockpiles? Was not thinking about it so far but somehow assumed that resources will be stored in the next free space. For sure I like it more if you define what is going to be stored whereā€¦ adds some optimization potential in terms of production chains and storing rare goods in ā€œsecure areasā€.

Agreeā€¦ apart from the apple maybe. Somehow it does not look round and not square, no?

1 Like

Hopefully the overlapping workers will be fixed by beta release, Hopefully it already has been.

Also, why no live stream this week :frowning:

[quote=ā€œAzhrak, post:4, topic:3399ā€]
Also, why no live stream this week
[/quote]@Azhrak the streams are for sure always a nice and welcome bonus, but by no means a weekly must. Tom tries to have them on a bi-weekly schedule. Letā€™s hope for next week :wink:.

2 Likes

They usually do every 2 weeks roughly righttttā€¦?
its been 2 weeks since the last one, not counting the flash stream

using my not [quote=ā€œSteveAdamo, post:2, topic:3399ā€]
sparkly new ā€œsmart phoneā€
[/quote] of mine i see that the apple is square with the top left of the stem going diagonally making it when zoom out a weird looking apple

i believe it was touched on before, but definitely during the flash streamā€¦ right?

agreedā€¦

well, we had two planned streams in one week (15th and 17th)ā€¦ and one flash stream last weekā€¦ i dont think weā€™re hurting for streamsā€¦ :wink:

plus, personally, i think the flash stream is more productive, as @Tom can crank away at a topic, and ask for feedback when inclinedā€¦

2 Likes

good thing is that gold is actually a confirmed physical item, rather than a invisible one with a number.

I agree on the apple being weird round and square. :apple:

am i the only one who likes the apple? i think it looks fineā€¦

takes another look through his rose-colored glasses

2 Likes

omg, an official groupie :ghost: :smile:

Anyone know what the second icon is for in the tools and goods category? Is it something to do with carpentry?

Animal products. The icon is the pelt of the bear you can see in the row above it.

Apple should be either round or square, the problem is that it looks kind of like a round one with wonky corners or a square one without proper corners.

I dunnoā€¦ to me it just looks ā€œuniqueā€ā€¦

1 Like

Unique is not by any means equivalent to good. Unique just means thereā€™s nothing else like it, while sometimes thatā€™s good sometimes itā€™s because it just doesnā€™t work. I think that itā€™s just too indecisive looking to me, like he couldnā€™t quite decide what shape to put it, a round apple or a square one would both work fine but based off the icons Iā€™d recommend round as most of the icons arenā€™t really square unless what they represent is square.

well, if nothing else, i admire your passion in articulating the optimal shape for an apple iconā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry Steve, Iā€™ll stand by you in a show of Apple Icon solidarity.

I actually like the apple icon as well.

I appreciate what youā€™re saying @Xavion [quote=ā€œXavion, post:15, topic:3399ā€]
I think that itā€™s just too indecisive looking to me, like he couldnā€™t quite decide what shape to put it, a round apple or a square one
[/quote]

But to me, if he went completely round it loses that charm/ essence of Stonehearth, and if it goes completely square then perhaps it doesnā€™t read as well, or just looks a bit odd as a red block.

My thoughts on it anyway.

1 Like

But he went pretty much round on the ham icon?

Do you enjoy pain @Azhrak? I assume you must.

But yes, the ham icon is rather round, for some reason I have an icon in my head thatā€™s like a cube block of ham with the bone sticking through it, maybe Iā€™ve made that up at some point.

Does it have any of that Stonehearth essence, no :stuck_out_tongue: but it does look good!

1 Like

Hmā€¦ how was it with the :apple: in this other well known r-rated story involving also a :snake:? I hope we will be not kicked out of the stonehearthise for this discussion :wink:.

I donā€™t say one of them does not look nice. But I think some of the icons are looking a bit different from a style point of view than the others. Thatā€™s what attracted my attention. And the apple might be even a bit more special than the others :wink:.