[Dev Blog] User Interface Upgrades

http://stonehearth.net/2014/05/27/desktop-tuesday-user-interface-upgrades/

4 Likes

Iā€™m really loving how fluid the UI is. Much cleaner!

Hahahaha I love how the goblins just randomly came to steal things. :smiley:

'#partycrashers ā€™

4 Likes

wow, completely unexpected update! i was thinking the live stream would account for todayā€™s entryā€¦ :smiley:

#BonusChristmasGoose

edit: and (nearly) ten minutes of UI discussion? sweetā€¦ although someone was apparantly breaking into the Radiant Lair at around the 01:45 markā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

@SteveAdamo has been slacking on creating the Dev Blog topics. :wink:

Donā€™t worry, I gotā€™cha back. :smiley:

2 Likes

sorry, what was that? i was busy changing the category for this thread to Developmentā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

my thanks mi amigoā€¦ :smile:

although i did post last weekā€™s updateā€¦ waitā€¦ didnt i? :confused:

edit: one quick comment on the Citizen Management screenā€¦ well, two i supposeā€¦ first, its awesomeā€¦ :smile:

second, it may be helpful to really call out those idle citizens with a color coding or some other visual indication that the unit is availableā€¦ the text status may get lost in the mix with all other concurrent updatesā€¦

perhaps even ā€œsortā€ idle units to the top of the list?

2 Likes

Itā€™s becoming more and more like my dream of Stonehearth, wipes away @SteveAdamoā€™s tear

2 Likes

Hey now, I was working on that. Canā€™t rush perfection. :laughing:

Iā€™ve done a few recently. You did the combat one, I think that was last week, though I did the live-stream one. :wink: [quote=ā€œSteveAdamo, post:5, topic:6224ā€]
my thanks mi amigoā€¦
[/quote]
No problem. Anything I can to try to prove my worthiness to have a true title is anything I will do to help. :wink:
ā€˜#titleaddictā€™

Also I have no life and constantly check stonehearth.net :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

glances at the swank new title

oh, youā€™ve earned it my friendā€¦ :wink:

edit: i really should actually finish watching, and combine all comments into one responseā€¦ but this is too much fun, and so much to digest! :smiley:

absolutely love how the UI flows with the gameplay elements nowā€¦ really well thought out, and the current implementation looks and ā€œfeelsā€ very tightā€¦ :+1:

oh, and 07:15 is justā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ all sorts of unexpected awesomenessā€¦ :smile:

edit #2: iā€™m loving the manage crafters option as well (seeing it in action makes itā€™s usefulness that much more obvious)ā€¦ one suggestion might be to allow players to filter or select specific crafters from within this popup? say, you only wanted to see all your farmers, etc.

1 Like

I feel so happy about the goblins stealing, I know itā€™ll frustrate me to no end at some pointā€¦ but right now I love itā€¦ UI is nice, much prefer this one compared to the current Alpha 3 one.

Man, this was pretty damn amazing. Iā€™ve always been terribly skeptical of crownfunding, but seems like you guys are working extremely hard, and making me look like a fool! Hope you guys finish the update sooner than later, so we get to start the process of bug squashing. And maybe smacking some cute goblins around for stealing my stuff!

I think hat the Toolbar should be more like the Toolbar in the game ā€œBanishedā€, thought the current one is fine.

Also, the Goblins, Thieves, and other NPCs should do different Actions based on their Description.

Say, if one of the Goblins or Thieves had a Description that said ā€œHe is attracted to splintery things.ā€ Which would mean that he will only steal Wood. If a Goblin had the Description ā€œShe really likes Tools and Toolboxes.ā€ which would mean that she would only steal Tools. Or say a Traveling Caravan had a Merchant that had the Description ā€œThis Merchantā€™s specialty is objects that go Ka-Boom! but watch out! He really likes the Green Stuff.ā€ which means he sells Explosives for a High Price. And finally, if a Lagomorph Trader has the Description ā€œHe would gladly trade his Toolbox for the small price of a bundle of Carrots or Furniture.ā€ which would mean that he ow oils only accept a Trade if you give him Carrots (If you can grow them in a Future Release) or with Furniture.