Cook Recipe Ideas

bones from… skeletons? dead sheep? dead pets? dead hearthlings? thats the only “problem” i see with this thought, where would we get the bones from.

1 Like

Well the bones should be fresh so id say only from foxes, rabbits, sheep etc. So basically any animal that drops food when killed should also drop bones.

2 Likes

thats easy to make ^^ we only need a bone as qb - make an json for them -> add all them to to manifest and them make an uri in the critters.json for them - FINI :wink:

but i think we need the bone also if they not want to make broth BECAUSE my little dog (kickstarter) loves bones :wink:

i could put a hole cook book up here so i will just say great ideas :+1:

3 Likes

Ah, actually I misread some stuff. It’s a recipe for Roast Critter, even though the recipe name is roast_rabbit. You can actually make recipes using a particular kind of meat, but maybe this thread isn’t the best place to go on about it.

being vegetarian shouldn’t have a downside, it should have a bonus.

I disagree. That would punish omnivores, and I don’t want that. Punish carnivores, that’s fine, but don’t punish omnivores.

Another thing to think about is the fact that at the moment, our Hearthlings don’t have enough variety of plants to get all their nutrients from plants. Nor do they take vitamins.

3 Likes

when the tree growing is impleted then we can generate bananas, oranges, apples etc. … next class Orchander? (from orcharding) xD

2 Likes

Well I was advocating punishing no-one was really my point too, just different bonuses for each no downside :slight_smile: each path has its own reward anyway, omni’s get pelts, veggies get more animals (from not killing them) for milk, cheese etc, fruities get…and so on :wink:

Maybe a botanist for growing plants? Second tier alchemist? :smiley:

I always play Trapper free but leaves me quite lacking in the armour department sadly. Role playing is fun :smiley:

1 Like

i have heard it in the stream they will perhaps use them :wink: have you only send the receipts or all files qb, json and png?

Roast veggies: 3x any vegetable (carrot/turnip/pumpkin)
Popcorn: Corn (doesn’t do much for hunger, but increases happiness?)
Cornmeal: 2x Corn (could then be used in other recipes - breaded critters, anyone?)

1 Like

Everything! Including manifest entries, although they may need some tweaking due to changes to the game code

3 Likes

but with this they should save lots of time :wink:

1 Like

Well, this thread got me hungry, wish there was a Wendy’s in Stonehearth for me to order some burgers from.

3 Likes

have fun at the modding ^^ its very easy to make a new shop who sells this - the prob is that you first make an burger via quible ^^ at this part im very very very very very very and so on bad xD

1 Like

Tsk, tsk… With great power comes great responsibility, don’t forget it :wink:

*drooling*

I’d suggest popcorn. Isn’t that easy? :confused: I don’t know if it would suit, though…
Self advertising spam: (If you download my Candyland1 mod you can harvest popcorn ready to eat)

6 Likes

what about we make animal pot pies and have there tails stick out of the pie :smile: that would be funny fox pot pie with an orange tail poking out the side

1 Like

What I’d love to see is some sort of idea to make growing crops more difficult, for example, pests that attack crops and eat them and therefore villagers will need to have some sort of pest control against them.
also different crops being grown in different seasons (as i understand seasons will be a future feature within the game)

I would prefer pests be a later problem, or at least not a very present or destructive problem. Normally my farm stay relatively small, about only 6 11x11 plots. I’d hate it if my farms were overrun by insects so quickly due to this, and of course the Farmer’s AI would need to recognize pests as high priority, but if pests spawn too quickly, then no farming can be done.

2 Likes

popcorn…popcorn… POPCORN! why is this not already in the game? :smiley:

1 Like