[Con] Stockpile out in the wild (goblins? but removable)

Title: Stockpile out in the wild

Summary: I found a 2x1 stockpile out in the wilderness in my latest game. I think it may have been a goblin thing, because they do tend to bring their stolen items to a 2x1 area to light on fire, I believe. However, I was able to select it and manipulate its settings (or so it seemed) and remove it (this I actually tried). I doubt you’re supposed to be able to do that if it’s a goblin stockpile (you probably shouldn’t even see it), and if it’s not a goblin pile, I don’t know where it came from.

Steps to reproduce: I guess just look where the goblins are bringing stolen items and see if there’s a stockpile there that you can manipulate.

Attachments:

45:59.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 110) according to the title screen.

System information:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 8192MB RAM
  • DirectX-version: DirectX 11
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

also found out that if you do that one goblins new objective is to kill you and any goblins spawned afterwards has that objective besides this guy at 38:01. also before i to tried and there was a goblin with it see 17:30

Yes this is the goblins. Not sure if its a bug being there but you being able to manipulate is something that needs to be corrected.

Still in R118.

24:34.

Hey Guys!

For those of you who have problems with the goblins stealing your stuff, i may have, unintentionally, found a way to stop them from spawning… :smiley:

When the first little critter runs from your town with that last basket of berries, just follow him. The moment he is at his destination and lays down his thievery, go into stockpile mode and take a look on the ground where he is standing.

There should be an itty bitty stockpile that you can actually manipulate.

Now, when you disable all items in it, he just stands there with his next price and will not be able to lay it down.
Other Goblins will still spawn tho.

If you delete the Stockpile, the little goblin will walk around doing nothing, and: NO other goblins spawn at that location!

Cant give you screenshots at the moment but it is very easy to reproduce :smile:

hey there @Jamni … welcome aboard! :smile:

very interesting find! as this is technically a bug (albeit a helpful one!), I think we should change the category and get it logged in the active reports section… enjoy this little trick, for now! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or…
Maybe the goblins are moved by the first struggles and suffering of our people and are just trying to help us stock our stuff… Still we attack and kill them on sight. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve read this somewhere else before…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been reminding people about this as well to try and avoid goblin hordes overrunning camps :slight_smile: .

thanks for the links… merged and [tagged]! :+1:

i deleted the golbin stockpile while he tried to light the ressources on it up, and then i got this error message (perfect timing i guess).
I was unable to close it, the game continued in the background, after killing the goblin the game continued normally.

2 Likes