[Con] Graphical glitches with items in the same place

I moved 6 posts to an existing topic: Lighting Bug - On Single Items

Added a link in the original post to a topic that I had forgotten about before, describing an issue which involves an overlap of an item with a blueprint, and has a similar graphical effect.

I wonder if/how they will be able to build those windows above each other for a house with several stories. The ladders would overlap.

Title: Z Fighting lantern

Summary: There is a little bit of z fighting, not sure if this isa big deal, but its out of place so I thought I better report it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Not sure, I didn’t notice for a while.

Expected Results: No z fighting

Actual Results: Z fighting on top of lantern in stockpile.

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods: latest version and goblin mod

System Information: Windows 8.1 gtx 770 4gb

Not Z fighting, they incorrectly stacked a lantern on a fence piece, this should be renamed and moved. @SteveAdamo

Ya I just noticed a while ago, forgot to say, either way placing a fence on a latern is bugged.

roger that… but renamed to what? and moved where? :smiley:

It seems though this happens a lot it hasn’t been reported yet. May I suggest “Different items stack on each other in stockpile”.

Maybe moved here

Well, as I had discussed earlier with @Geoffers747, this was more of a summary thread to link to all issues that are interrelated like this, … but I guess it could work just as well as a bug report on its own.

A new instance of this that I’ve noticed is when making a flat roof on a building. At least in the building designer (I have yet to actually build such a house), it appears that the roof is one voxel too low, such that the top of the wall overlaps the actual roof.

32:44.

Also thanks to @Krovikan for making me first notice this with his video (15:53):

I also had a graphics problem with a horde of goblins glitching into each other at the top of a ladder. Could this be related?

2 Likes

That sure does look like it’s an instance of this thing as well, yes. And, is it just me, or are these goblins a bit shorter than you normally see them? In that case, it could also be an instance of this.

Oh snap, you’re right, although it only happens at the top of ladders. Should I link this to that other post anyway?

1 Like

Well, the link is already established now with my former post, but sure, you could still do that :slight_smile:

Ah ok, I just thought I would ask.

Another one - comfy chair + log. Moving the carpenter’s workbench fixed this, but did result in the log hovering high overhead. This latter was just a graphical glitch though, as said log was used in the production of another comfy chair a moment later, and promptly disappeared from overhead :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Still in R166.

E.g., 11:29

I’ve seen this in r180. EDIT:

Stone beds - because mean beds aren't mean enough!

Juniper stone - I don’t think it’s actually made of wood…

Fence gate + Stone bricks = Weird face

This may be the wrong thread, but this issue is somewhat relevant and this thread is the most recently updated one I could find.

In r201:

Goblin honor token icons take up more space in a stockpile than they should. I imagine they could overlap with other items as well, but it’s really noticeable when they are side by side.

1 Like

Another example in R210. See video, 37:00. Also an example of this (minor) bug.

In this case, it looks like maybe the second item was not placed explicitly in the stockpile, but just dumped somewhere nearby after the person formerly carrying it needed rid of it (perhaps their job canceled for some reason). For this random dump-nearby behavior, I expect they don’t check if the spot they select is a stockpile and/or already has an item on it.

1 Like