Selection outline shown without selection or mouse-over

Title: Selection outline shown without selection or mouse-over

Summary: Sometimes, the yellow selection outline is shown around an item even though the item is not selected and the mouse is not hovering over the item. It’s not too big a deal, although I’m slightly nervous about it since it happened shortly before a crash some time ago. Selecting the item and then deselecting it or selecting something else fixes it (assuming no crash, which may have been unrelated back then, anyway).

Steps to reproduce: I can’t say, I never notice a reason it happens. I’ve seen it happen with blocks just lying in stockpiles, once with a block being carried by a citizen, and probably in other cases that I just have forgotten. Perhaps the attached video will provide some clues.

Attachments:
20:36; I notice at 21:00.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 114) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I remember this was mentioned by someone not long ago… I’ve seen it happen in screenshots and videos of other reports, or maybe even in the other forum. With and without fast selection active. It’s odd it wasn’t reported before. :confused:

1 Like

I see! Well, I did mention it in the crash bug report I linked in the original post, but that’s probably not what you’re talking about? Either way, I agree, strange that it wasn’t reported before (as far as I could tell).

1 Like

Still in R166.

1:32 flower pot that is being placed. The citizen in question was selected at that point; when I deselected him, the flowerpot selection remained. I finally notice this and point it out by mouse movements at 2:06.

Still in R210. See video; examples: 18:27; 34:10; 37:00; 41:09. See also this post for unrelated issue also at 37:00.