[Con] [A9 r256] Assertion Failed: egRenderBase.h

Please see the bug here: [Con] [A9 r256] Assertion Failed: egRenderBase.h

There is a workaround down in the details of that bug. You need to turn off the shadows graphics setting and restart the game and it should work.

1 Like

Hi, i turn off all graphics but i recive an other error. :frowning:

mod stonehearth | greedy task scheduling enabled
lua.code | generating traceback…
lua.code | – Script Error (lua) Begin -------------------------------
lua.code | std::exception: '‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘firepit_seat’ in the manifest.'
lua.code | stack traceback:
lua.code | [C]: at 0x01b69900
lua.code | [C]: in function 'load_json’
lua.code | radiant/modules/resources.luac:8: in function 'load_json’
lua.code | radiant/modules/entities.luac:155: in function 'get_entity_data’
lua.code | …rth/services/server/town_patrol/town_patrol_service.luac:50: in function '_is_patrollable’
lua.code | …rth/services/server/town_patrol/town_patrol_service.luac:36: in function '_on_object_added’
lua.code | …rth/services/server/town_patrol/town_patrol_service.luac:2: in function 'added_cb’
lua.code | radiant/modules/terrain.luac:71: in function <radiant/modules/terrain.luac:70>
lua.code | [C]: in function 'push_object_state’
lua.code | …rth/services/server/town_patrol/town_patrol_service.luac:4: in function 'initialize’
lua.code | stonehearth/stonehearth_server.luac:5: in function 'create_service’
lua.code | stonehearth/stonehearth_server.luac:8: in function 'self’
lua.code | radiant/modules/events.luac:74: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:72>
lua.code | [C]: in function 'xpcall’
lua.code | radiant/modules/events.luac:72: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:66>
lua.code | – Lua Error End -------------------------------

Hi @obseiker, it seems that the manifest for SH is missing an entry.

If you’re running through Steam, try to verify Stonehearth’s files. Otherwise you can try to reinstall the game.

Me too! Team Radiant acknowledged this, though. They said it is because the game is running out of memory, and they are working on it now.

wow perfect, i tried @Drotten advice but didnt work so i backup my save game and start new game to view the new stuff

so for all of you that has had the problem RE has said that it is because they are using a 32-bit and the memory is being overloaded.

for the post itself “he game is running out of memory. The ultimate fix is to move to a
64-bit binary, as well as do the best we can to minimize memory usage in
the 32-bit version of the game. We’ve started this process, and will
keep you guys in the loop as the work continues.”

thats why when @chessmaster42 said the error was in this block of code:

it was most likely

this was the trouble maker. just a very somewhat good hutch

1 Like

Just thought I post and keep this bumped, got the same errors as the OP.

i was running with AA turned off before this but i turned shadows all the way off and it was able to load

And 8 is so good. I’m loving the new villager report!!! Finally a game to win at.

This is a red herring. When an assertion occurs in compiled code, Radiant’s error handler reports the error location relative to a source file on the Radiant machine that compiled the code. .h is a source file type used by C++ compilers.

1 Like

Getting the same error as everyone else, playing the game via Steam. It’s so frustrating not being able to replay my games, but so exciting at the same time ! Or not :D. Hope this issue gets resolved with Alpha 8 stable release !

Just turn off Shadows, and restart game. You will be able to load your games then.

1 Like

Yep this does the trick. Hope it gets a quick hotfix.

Not too sure what’s going on here…was trying to make a village like my let’s play so that I could play on the unstable branch (REALLY EXCITED FOR ALPHA 8 ALREADY).

Anyway my carpenter froze at their workshop so I decided to save and reload…and not I get this error :frowning:

Oh yeah, that one. You have to turn shadows off for saving to work because otherwise it runs out of memory. Hopefully that’ll be fixed soon.

1 Like

[Con] [A9 r256] Assertion Failed: egRenderBase.h?

This is the bug your having issues with.

tl;dr: turn your graphic settings to low/off and you can now load saves. (Work around fix)

1 Like

Oh wow…and I read this too…sorry about that i’m a little derpy this morning. I think I got too excited about the additions :wink:

thanks @Tonky

and thanks for all the confirmations folks! [tagged] :+1:

Turning off shadows seems to work for me too. Thanks for the workaround!

apparently fixed in Dev Test 2083 :smile:

1 Like