Burg Eichenstein

Burg Eichenstein is a small enclave of the Ascendancy and of Cid’s wisdom in the Darkmoorwald.

Panoramic Views:
While fiddling with the camera trying to decide how to make different details in the houses, I discovered that some far away views of the Burg where quite stunning.

Day time:

Night time:

General Views:

Day time:

Night time:

Top Down:

Gate Tower:

Main Street:

Crafters’ Corner:

Potter’s House:

Interior:

Farms and Lower wall:

Plaza Shops, Herbalist and Kitchen:

Herbalist Shop Interior:

Main House (Rathaus):
Close up view:

General View:

Main Hall interior

Cid’s Church:

Interior

A couple more close up views:

I hope you liked it. The people of Burg Eichenstein really appreciate your visit and come back when ever you want :wink:

Dedicated to @Wiese2007 for his constant work in the translation of the game and his help to other translators.
And to sorely missed @Beatrice. I made the street wider, but I’m not sure if it was enough :wink:

Have Fun, Kyth.

30 Likes

THis is quite Epic, alot of work. But…i wanted to enlarge some of the pics lol i cant on some of them on the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
You can download the save from the epic saves threat and see it at your leisure. I’d add a link but I’m still trying to find out how…

Have fun, Kyth

1 Like

[quote=“Kythandra, post:3, topic:20333”]
I’ld add a link but I’m still trying to find out how…
[/quote]to get a link to a post,

click the circled chain looking button and copy the text, then simply paste that text into another post and the discourse will auto-link the post for you.

hope that helps :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Done, Thank you a lot :wink:

4 Likes

While I was building the different shops in Burg Eichenstein I missed a lot signs for the new workshops. I thought of making a suggestion about it. In the mean time I put generic empty ones. I created this thread nearly at the same time alpha 15 was released. What was my surprise when I read the notes and found the very signs I was wishing for had been implemented. TR you must be reading my mind. Thanks a lot!

Here are the screenshots of the shops with their brand new signs!!!

Potter’s:

Cook and Herbalist’s:

Have Fun Kyth.

6 Likes

this town i so amazing, how many in-game days has it been?

and do you have templates for any of the buildings?

1 Like

The date on the last save is 23 warmun, 1000. I have no templates as such. I have models of some of them that I use as guidance to build them later in parts. These are designs of the whole building in a single block. Not practical to be built but helpful as plans to be copied.
But I discovered you can get templates even from built buildings.
Select the building you want to copy, Edit it as if you were going to remove it. Save template and there you go, template out of a built house :wink:
Remember I built floors roofs and walls separately. One single house will be made of 6 templates.
The “model templates” I have are the gate tower, corner house to its side, walls and some sort of generic house. I can dig in my files to see If I have more.

Have Fun, Kyth.
PS: BTW, this time the hearthlings have built eveything themselves, no use of console whatsoever. The building system has improven a huge lot since alfa 13! Congrats to TR… Again :wink:

4 Likes

I’m going to take this opportunity to suggest another thing I also would have wanted to have while building Burg Eichenstein, Wooden/clay Window Shutters. It would be very nice to have them. They would be a good addition to the houses.

Have Fun, Kyth.

5 Likes

I’d never have the patience (never mind the creativity or ability) to construct something like this - very nice!

3 Likes

What the fu…
Great work.

Kleine Anmerkung, wenn du ALT + Druck verwendest, dann machst du nur einen Screenshot vom aktiven Fenster und nicht vom gesamten Desktop.

If you use ALT + print you only make a screenshot of the active window and not from your whole desktop view.

2 Likes

alternatively, pressing the prtscrn key actually takes a screenshot with stonehearths built in camera feature, you can find those screenshots inside the stonehearth folder :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Since when does this work :smiley: … no really, since when?

2 Likes

That’s definitely one of the most spectacular builds I’ve seen for this game. :astonished:

2 Likes

With the new building system based on zones, old templates or templates taken from houses may not work. So I’m going to make new ones, check them for “buildability” and turning and them link them here.
I’m starting with houses. I’ll make 3-4 generic ground floors, 1st floors and roofs. All of the same size so you can mix them to get many similar though different houses. Then I’ll go for towers and walls.
They will be made with free blocks. Using the house tool and adapt it to my style is my personal challenge for my next kingdom.
If there is anything in particular you are interested in let me know.

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

Danke, ich werde erinnern es :wink:

First test template available. Give it a try and tell me your impresions.
You will need to place player placed ladders (PPL) against the windows and to access the roof to allow the hearthlings deconstruct the scaffolding around the chimney and in the windows holes.
I’m considering making the roof and the roof floor two separeate templates to avoid the scaffolding galore during its construction. Let me know what you think.

Have Fun, Kyth.

4 Likes

New house template available. This time the roof is split in two, roof floor and roof itself. this allows for easier building and provides some extra storing space if you leave the ladders to the roof (attic) on place.

Building tips:

1. Place PPLs against the window holes to allow the hearthlings remove any scaffolding ladder (SL) built in them.
  2. Place a PPL to allow access to the roof so that the hearthlings can remove the scaffolding of the chimney and collect any stone leftovers dropped by the constructors.
  3. Use the Ghost Slab Technique to place the windows. If you leave the PPL over the window holes it will speed up the process. Ghost slab technique
  4. When placing doors remember, Knob to the left it opens towards you. If the arrow points towards you it opens the other way :wink:
  5. The first floor can be placed with the rooms towards the front or the back. It’s up to you :slightly_smiling: You can do the same thing with the roof.
  6. If any SL is left embedded in the walls by the hearthlings just place a PPL against that part of the wall and a hearthling will remove the SL.

Have Fun, Kyth.

4 Likes

The third house is finished. If you encounter any issue let me know.

Have Fun, Kyth.

4 Likes

First stone house added.

Have fun, Kyth.

4 Likes