BulletFive’s Mechanical Creations (UPDATED 6/20)

After one off the live streams I decide to start modeling things I would like in the game, three nights later I’ve made a lot of stuff. I have ways in mind to implement them either visibly or functionally.
The coloring needs help the most I think. When we get closer to Beta I may need help with animating and all the code, because I’ve never done either. @Tom and @Tony if any of this saves u time just ask for it. Any creative comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Wind Mill

Water Wheel

Gears

Siege weapon

Weapons

Hooks

Trap Floor

Grapes, Rice, Bamboo

Mill

9 Likes

all of these are insanely good! but they seem too realistic, too much detail? might be they’re not rendered.
overall amazing work!

5 Likes

I kind of agree, don’t get me wrong. They are wonderfull! But it doesn’t seem to fit into the style of what I’ve seen so far from Radiant. Keep up the good work, and tweak around a little. Who knows these might be perfect :blush:

1 Like

@BulletFive aside of the work being quite amazing… Tony would be @Ponder and Stephanie @sdee :wink:

Thanks for the feedback, @SharpKris, @Ghost, @Sheenariel, most post I start end like ghost towns. I realized that the models as they stand are a wee bit small compared to the standard people, except the weapons and tools. I will try to think of a way to simplify them in to more basic forms. If you think some of these would make a enjoyable mod you would like to play, send some feedback.

Here is some more stuff, hope you enjoy :smile:
Book

Drum, Bell, Lantern, Violin

Big Hammer, boomerang, Sword

Cook Stuff

1 Like

They look good, but Radiant said they would have no buildings that are predefined, they will be defined by what you put in them, so the mill is redundant.

I know ideally you should place them on walls and snap together for simple build, you will have to make sure the building is tall enough and big enough to fit. The idea is to use them to power city buffs, water pumps, cranes, drawbridges and the like. Some of witch you will have to make also, as in putting a pulley over a mine and laying the rope over and down

Try a slightly lower resolution when building, because the debs said that the key is to keep the res as low as possible while maintaining only the most necessary details. Your work does seem too detailed, and that’s not bad, but it wouldn’t fit into the game’s art style.

@BulletFive
Okay… let’s try this post again… after Discource killed my post yesterday.

I’d like to refer to @Tom’s Livestreams there, especially the last one. He showed once more and in some points first time, how it is done. Most Matrices for objects and figures and so an use the same size to model them and after that are scaled as needed. Thus the flower is shrunk and the titan scaled up in size. Of course, not every object is using the full height of the matrix and some have to be somewhat longer like for animals due to walking on 4 legs but the height is the same as that of the humans.

People and stuff

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 Likes

Thanks for the models Tom.

Oh wait, you don’t work at RadEnt! But the models…

Those are BRILLIANT @BulletFive. Some of the best I’ve seen. And that, sir, is a highly intriguing concept for the horse. I like it.

IDK how, but you have literally captured the essence of Stonehearth in those voxel works of art.

Would also be cool if you posted some over at www.stonehearthkingdom.com :smile:

@Warstories thanks for the offer but i don’t want to manage five accounts for the same thing, if you want to re-post things feel free to just give credit.

@ManOfRet thanks for the kind words

Now for what Ive been working on
Birds
Fish, Jelly and crab

4 Likes

Those fish are perhaps one of the cutest things I have seen so far! Who’d have thunk it.

What the fridge are brids, may I ask?

Bullet these are fantastic! The birds and fishies are my favorite, but I’m really impressed by everything in here.

Nice! And that bird is totally the 5th colossus from shadow of the colossus!

@ManOfRet thanks for pointing out my mistake

@Geoffers747, @Spu thank you for the support

@Dextkiller yes, yes it is!! :wink: When ever i see giants wandering around i get the urge to hit them in there weak spot for max damage.

so a retake on steam power
some of the linkages are not connected for looks and will be fixed in animation
Boiler
Fixed steam engine
hand pump

Also stuff to power with… power
Bellows, pump and table saw
Rock Crusher

spoiler

Hope you enjoy

5 Likes

somehow i missed this entire thread… and all i have to say is wow

attention to detail much? :wink:

ok, enough with the tease… spill it already…

That wyvern looks interesting even if it looks like it would be hell to animate. For the steam engine parts all the bolts make it look a bit weird to me, it just seems like there is way too many or something other than that they seem great it’s just that particular bit seems weird to me. Everything’s good though, kinda makes me wish qubicle worked for me.