What are some of your favorite books/series?

What is the Carnegie?

type it up carnegie awards

Hey look! @Gridnick changed his Avatar!

yeah i did i finally did it i went off my gravitar and into my true form with some help from @dwarf

1 Like

Where did you get that avatar anyway?

you know @BulletFive mechanical creations ( BulletFive’s Mechanical Creations (UPDATED 6/20)) well he did a model of a yak and an elk then i asked for permission to use it for my avatar and i did it but it was really small the yak head because of cropping then @dwarf cropped it and edited it so thats what i got i just edited it

Oh. I was hoping for maybe a great story of Love labour’s lost or something.

in my opinion it is
Love- @BulletFive put love into modelling it and me and @dwarf in editing it
Labour- the above
Lost- i lost hope in editing it and then that hope was revived
so,

I believe it was more like this:

Love:MY! hard work and dedication

Labour:see above^

Loss: @Gridnick losing any organisation in his inbox!

:trollface:

2 Likes

I started reading guardians of childhood. Does any one know it? Because i think it is great :slight_smile:
also it only makes it funnier to watch rise of the guardians.

is that the “owl movie”? I haven’t seen it, but have always been mildly curious… is it based off the series you mentioned?

No, that was that weird holiday character team-up: http://www.riseoftheguardians.com/

You’re probably talking abut this: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole - Wikipedia

The owl movie is Legend of the Guardians!

2 Likes

Yep also it is even more weird if you have read the books O_o.

ok folks… time to grab some good deals from HB on books! :smiley: :+1:

quite the steal here… and HB is giving away a daily free download as well… paging @sdee, @PDanford ! :smile:

1 Like

Dang that is quite a deal indeed… my poor poor purse.

1 Like

The bunker diary is quite a good book it took 10 years to publish and wins an award straight away

1 Like

TWO DAYS? O_o… ok i would probably could do it but the start takes ages to get through just because of the reeaallyy long landscape descriptions.

Edit: also @Newf @naturalnuke @elderon i moved to this thread instead it is a bit more appropriate.

Fair enough, This thread is more suitable for this discussion.

1 Like

A normal Terry Pratchett book takes around 1.5-2.5 hours if you are a fast reader an have developed an effective reading technique.

1 Like

I usually spend a week or so on a book.