Build-tool issue list

I create this thread to collect issues related to the current build-tool and auto-queuing, as a mixture of bug-report and enhancement request. Please add additional issues you’ve observed (I’ll try to add them to the first post for consistency.)

1. Build-tool discourages use of appealing versions.

In the build tool, no feedback is available on the number of stocked building parts. As a consequence, the system strongly discourages using higher-quality versions of furniture and building parts, since those of sufficient quality may not actually be available.

Possible solutions. (a) Add an inventory counter in item-placement part of the build tool. Would also greatly help when playing without auto-queue option. (b) Option for hearthlings to ignore part quality / automatically choose highest or lowest quality version.

Workaround. Place windows manually after the walls are finished. (Inconvenient.)

2. Auto-queue: Underproduction of standard quality

(1) Plan a building with 20 windows, when no standard-quality windows are in stock with enabled auto-queueing. Chances are, that some of the produced windows will have higher quality and thus be unusable for the planned building, effectively making the auto-queue tool not fulfill its purpose.

Possible solution. Option to make hearthlings ignore the quality when placing items for buildings. Possible extra option to make them explicitly prefer high-quality versions (usecase: higher city-appeal) or low-quality versions (usecase: keep expensive ones for selling).

Workaround. Ignore the auto-queue feature (inconvenient).

See also Auto-queue issue with new Appeal feature

3. Auto-queue: Overproduction of stocked parts.

When experimenting with buildings, frequent tearing-down of old versions coupled with the “auto-queue” option will result in spamming the inventory with windows. E.g., recently I found myself with over 100 latticed clay windows in stock, after I used them as railings for a large bridge, that I had to redo several times.

Possible solution. Make auto-queue take into account the current stock levels. (Requirements for a vendor can still easily be fulfilled with the “=” option of the crafter menu.)

Workaround. Ignore the auto-queue feature (inconvenient).

See also Smart auto queue crafting for building, Auto queue crafting for building issue

1 Like

The second point shouldn’t happen anymore. The new builder places the high quality items where they are requested, and then for standard quality items it uses any item available.

1 Like

Dump to .qb

Is it possible to re-enable this for new build-tool?

Not sure if we can fix that one (we want to focus on performance and bug fixes first), but there are several free voxel editors that can be used for modding: Magicavoxel, Voxelshop, Goxel.