Item Quality Management

HI!

First I want to say I love this game and thanks for bringing this to us Radiant :slight_smile:

And now the suggestions

So I’ve been playing on alpha 24 and I find the new quality system interesting yet annoying at times
When I play I tend to have my carpenter maintain 2 of each essential things like doors and windows, then design my buildings with these parts, and they get built automatically without me having to queue more
But, with the new quality system, the fine/excellent items counts towards the “maintain 2” in inventory, and doesn’t get used for the build, so I need to go and queue up more

Not only that, it tends to clutter the inventory and makes it harder to see what I actually have
I think it’d be good to implement a “use any quality” or upgrade option like some of the other posts were talking about, and maybe not count the fine/excellent quality items as part of the “maintain #” for crafters

Or maybe have a quality drop down when queuing up items
ex. maintain/craft 5 excellent quality doors, and the crafter keeps making doors until they get 5 excellent doors
this way perfectionists (such as me) can use the best quality for everything like I used to do with the old fine item system

I have this problem as well, some items seem to be used in the higher quality automatically and others not so much. The biggest offender for me as of late is the wide window frame, but there are others.

I believe the plan in the new builder is to use any available quality unless you explicitly select a higher quality item. @jamiltron, correct me if I’m wrong!

4 Likes

Yep, that’s currently the intended behavior in the new builder once I fix the bug with item quality not being respected by the decoration tool :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can we have a check box to say if we want to use higher quality items?

You need to have epic quality for the makers quest, does it count epic items that have been used in buildings? Alternatively one might want to sell their epic items rather than build with them.

1 Like

Even if you use them in buildings or place them around your settlement, the excellent quality items still count towards your maker’s hearth. It’s just a concern if you sell them off to a traveling merchant/vendor.