Black screen when entering the game

when you log into the game through steam I run the game but the black screen with cursor what to do?

Welcome to the forum, @Saha3003 :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you upload your stonehearth.log? It’s a text file located inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Stonehearth
It might have some hint about the black screen.

Workarounds you can try in the meantime:
If you installed mods, try disabling or uninstalling them, they might be outdated.

Black screens are often caused by other applications messing with the game, you could try adding an exception for Stonehearth in your antivirus/firewall, or checking the list of applications that are known to interfer with the game and see if you have any of them installed: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

Thanks for the tip. I forgot I was installing the crack. I deleted it and it worked.

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem and I have already made an exception for the game in my antivirus just in case that was the problem. But it hasn’t solved it.

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

hitting F5 might reload the interface give it a try
if you recently added a mod try remove that mod and more if needed could be a broken mod.
are you running stonehearth 1.1?

1 Like

Well…
I just started it up now and it worked straight away :rofl:

If it happens again then I will try what you have said.

Thank you

1 Like

Well it’s happened again. It is no longer loading the game just a black screen. I tried hitting the F5 button but it didn’t do anything. And I am running the latest version (not the latest beta version, just the released version)

So I have realized something. When the game starts but just shows a black screen the FPS counter is in the thousands. When it is loading the game so I am able to play it then the FPS counter is around 450. Does this mean anything?