BBQ's Voxel Corner [MODS included]

id say my favorite halderds are the second and the last

1 Like

*sees chimney download available *
*downloads and installs *
*waits for Frostfeastaclause to come down the chimney *

no but seriously one of highest anticipated things on my list was chimneys, AND YOU DID THAT!

2 Likes

Glad you like them. Maybe, I should implement a large version to ensure that Frostfeastclause does fit through :smile:

1 Like

When those new lights go live Iā€™m gonna be a happy hearthling.

1 Like

*sings* Smoooooke on the Chimneysā€¦ *guitar solo* :sunglasses:

4 Likes

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW COSY THIS IS

on a sidenote, itā€™s shuttle grey instead of shutter grey (excellent idea to mention the basecolor used tho!), and the colors donā€™t seem to match to the colors used for the buildings.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. Iā€™ll change it.
Regarding the colors: the difference seems to be zoom depending. At least in my tests. When you are close enough, it fits.

@ZwoeleBeer: fixed the color name in V1.2

1 Like

Oh, different colors at the distance?
It might be. I think it blends colors if the model is at a distance, for performance reasons. :slight_smile:

Awesome models, @BarbeQ !!

1 Like

Thank you @Relyss.
I suspected something like this. Maybe I design some other models, where the top does not have the same color near the crossover. Thus, the differences shouldnā€™t be that obvious. Unfortunately, I like the ones I currently have, too :smile:

Everyone interested in wells and fontains (I already posted some pics here in this thread) can now download them in the just added BBQā€™s Fountain V2 package. This one does also support the Cafe Modā€™s mechanic to collect water from wells. Dowload link added to OP.

1 Like

Updated the Cimneys Mod to V 1.3. This tweaks the smoke a bit and adds two new stone tops.

1 Like

I managed to tame cubemitters and light sources (kind of)ā€¦ but now I seem to be defeated by a door. I made crude wooden door (a clay door clone basically), using magica voxel and voxelshop (for the layers and orientation stuff). But whatever I try to do, the door doesnā€™t swing correctly. It always seem to rotate around its center, and not the part where the hinges are located - as do the clay doors (and all others). Anyone with experience with doors here, who can help me out? :tired_face: I have tinkered for two hours nowā€¦

perhaps @jomaxro can help as he made a door mod?

2 Likes

Sorry, nopeā€¦I (unintentionally) avoided anything to do with animations as I removed the part of the door that animates! It would look quite weird if the doorway itself moved. I went so far as to remove sensors from my doorways to avoid unnecessary calculations when Hearthlings walk through, and to prevent enemies from attacking them.

Since we seem to be playing tag here, perhaps @malley has some insight?

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, I have never used Magica Voxel or Voxelshop. Are you using the basic animations or a unique animation you created? If itā€™s basicā€¦ Iā€™m really not sure. Double check that the .qb files are directly on top of the clay door files maybe? (Want to make sure there is absolutely no offset.)

4 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s bad, i could try taking a look into the model if you upload the .qb file here opening them in QC ususally reveals whatā€™s wrong

I have my suspicions, but iā€™ll need some more proof to see if thatā€™s really the cause

2 Likes

For a normal door, this would look quite strange, indeed. But now I have an idea for a bookshelf, doubling as a secret door. Thanks. And if I cannot find a solution to my door swing problem, I will use it on a mantlepiece seceret door, like the one from The Last Crusade (castle sceene) :smiley:

I cloned the re clay door, renamed the files and their content where neccessary and remodelled the door. The referenced animations are still the vanilla ones. I donā€™t dare touching custom animations.

I hereby gratefully accept your kind offer, dear Sir - man, I really should play less RPGsā€¦ :grin:
crude_wooden_door.zip (32.2 KB)

1 Like

Great!, iā€™ll take a look and tell you whatā€™s wrong after i return to my computer

1 Like

okay i found the reason

this was what i was expecting, and guess what? itā€™s just too common of an issue to not happen

the progam you are using is optimizing the size of the model, you can see the door you made no longer alligns with the original clay door, and the matrix size is shinked to match the modelā€™s size and not the pre-set

i believe there was a similar issue tat happened to @MelOzone a while ago, and i think we managed to fix it through this post

the solution was something about keeping the size of something in the settings, but i donā€™t use voxelshop so i personally donā€™t know where the settings are

2 Likes

You make verry nice stuff its crazy nice :slight_smile:

1 Like