BBQ's Voxel Corner [MODS included]

Love the look of these. They really fit the style of the game flawlessly! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

You can check at data/build/building_brushes.json

4 Likes

Superb! Thank you very much.

Has been some time since I last updated this thread. But reality did strike and I couldn’t find much time to tinker, unfortunately. While playtesting my chimneys, I had an idea for some herbalist specific decorations. So I tried my hand on some drawings about plants, anatomy and such (the model is a vanilla tapestry recolor).

6 Likes

When inspiration strikes…
My people just complained about a lack of proper clothes storing capabilities. So I ordered my master carpenter to think about something. That’s what he came up with:

4 Likes

While testing my upcoming chimneys mod I found some odd visual behaviour: the top of the chimney is an item created with the same color as the slabs below (light ash). Beeing zoomed in, everything looks ok. But when I zoom out, the item’s color suddenly becomes much darker than the slab color. Now I wonder, if I need to take something else into consideration as well, in order to align colors…

4 Likes

For whatever reason I felt the urge to make some lantern posts… or at least I tried it…

7 Likes

oooh! i like the look of those lanterns, they would definitely look fitting in a bustling city. the one with the chain would also look cool if there was a wall version without the vertical post (so like the wall signs)

keep up all the awesome work mate :smile: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Really looking forward when this pack is released.

1 Like

WANT!

… that’s all I can say really, they perfectly fit the existing style and I’m pretty sure that’s the closest it’s possible to get to the slightly-curvy wrought iron lamps which decorate posh streets the world over.

2 Likes

Why do I only click on this NOW?! Get this man all the resources that he needs to release this mod!

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind replies. Very motivating :grin:

@8BitCrab: a wall mounted version is a great idea. Will try to come up with something usefull. Does Sh support ceiling mounted stuff, too?

@ZwoeleBeer: Much of the stuff I presented here is yet only a voxel model. But I am adding the required code step by step (while learning what is possible and where everything is hidden). My biggest projects currently are something I call “The Armoury” (new weapons, some military decorations and some other stuff for the blacksmith) and another one I call “The Goldsmith” (wanted to play with custom classes a bit and I think there are way to few things you can make out of silver/gold). Both are early WIP, though. And now the lantern posts…

I guess I will have to craft a Flux Capacitor first. Oh, and does anyone know where to get a DeLorean?

But I just finished a bunch of chimney tops (with real virtual smoke) to combat that inherent lack of smoking chimneys in SH :wink: See opening post for details…

1 Like

The good news is that once you’ve got the first mod out, the second and third and every consecutive one will get a little easier… or at least the familiar parts of them will, the new stuff will probably be just as tricky to learn but you’ll have improved your understanding of the process and how to read the error logs when things (inevitably) don’t work the first time around.

So perhaps those gaslamps won’t take as long as you think to get around to, no time-travel required :slight_smile:

That’s true. You’re constantly learning new stuff while you benefit from the knowledge of earlier projects. But even a simple thing like a lantern requires labour: creating the model, orienting/centering it, writing the neccessary json files, creating the emitters and light effects, testing. And last but not least, there is RL constantly demanding some attention, too :grin:

Man, these are some awesome models! I can’t believe i didn’t watch this post in the first place!

I always struggle with modeling any type of furniture or building, i suppose i’m more attuned to creatures and animated entities

The community is lucky to have a talent like you, keep it up!

1 Like

Congratulations, you just made me blush :blush:
Thank you. But I still feel like a noob, when I take a look at some of the stuff of the more established members of this excellent community.

Second draft of some lanterns. This time wall mounted versions requested by @8BitCrab and a post with two lanterns. If all goes well - and I get the light emitters working - I should be able to have them in the game tonight (CET for me).

11 Likes

Just when I thought you had the best lanterns possible, you come out with those adorable carriage lanterns… :heart_eyes:

That’s not to throw shade at any of the amazing lanterns which other modellers have modelled; it’s just that I can genuinely see these ones fitting seamlessly into the game, particularly for the Ascendancy but they wouldn’t look out of place in a Rayya’s Children town either.

2 Likes

These versions are actually intended for the Ascendancy. For Rayya’s Children I imagine something more akin to the oil lamps they already have. But I have no idea, how this could look like (yet).

Oh, and the lantern post is in. But it seems to have some lighting issues… :neutral_face:

Edit: solved! One of those sneaky Goblin Thieves stole a / from my code. :rage:

4 Likes

The lanterns are on a good way and while refining the chains on them a bit, I had another idea for a model. Next time those pesky little Goblin Thieves show up, I have some surprise for them [insert evil laughter here]

5 Likes