Asterai's Qube thingies

rams? goats? regardless, I like them! :smile:

Rams in Japan? Now thats not natural

Who said they were in Japan? o.O

Good news: I totally know how to do model variants now. I have horses with many appearance variants appearing in-game.

Bad news: I don’t have the tools to convert my 3dsMax animations to the game’s json animation format, so my horses are currently static scenery.

Um, also, they’re… trees. I am importing the models as… trees. Yeah.

Good news: I discovered some bugs! Woo-ha, go me!

Bad news: The bugs affect my horses, and prevent them from displaying in their full, unique horsey glory. Bah, humbug.

So, with the proviso that some feet are not showing up and it is totally not my fault, here’s some horses!

All five of these screenshots were taken from the same generated world; all these head/mane/tail/foot variants are appearing in random combinations at the same time!

1 Like

Have you thought about using Blender? Free tool and has the option to export into Stonehearth’s animation format :wink:.

Thought about it, definitely. But the Blender tutorials I’ve read are all fine and lovely right up to the moment when they start talking about animation, at which point the detail drops off dramatically.

Got a recommendation for where to learn?

…Or, now that I think about it, maybe I can export my animations to Blender, and from there into Stonehearth…

I bet I can get this to work. grin

Hm… that might be an idea. COLLADA should be supported by both tools. Just give it a try.

I have posted a short clip quite some time ago, but it is also not a great tutorial about animation in Blender. Once I have finished the manual for the Blender Add-On, I will work on another video (or series of), sharing more details. However, it is quite easy-gooing if you do not want to work with armatures.

On other tutorials… my YouTube-channel has a playlist with the tutorials I have found most useful. However, I am not working with armatures anymore.

Nice its been put into the game but i think they look a bit long

Totally off topic, manual is an anagram for Lua-Man! Codes faster than a speeding bullet! But only in Lua.

but worth it in this case… excellent anagram… :smile:

I just looked at it and thought “Hey, Lua’s in there!” and I proceeded to find man, making Lua-Man of course!

Also, if they are trees, can you chop the horses down?

Sshhh, don’t tell! They definitely do not drop juniper logs. Nope. Definitely not.

i think it is going to sleep to fast

PETA and/or the RSPCA are not going to let that one drop. They’re tracking you!

Tom wanted me to pass this along to you as he just said it on the screen. He said that there is an issue right now with qubicle files with multiple matrices. The positions of the matrices aren’t always honored. To fix this you’ll require a skeleton file and an animation file.

He did say however that his should be fixed once they create and release their model format.

You can re-watch the livestream for more info as I probably failed at describing this.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for passing it along. Tell Tom thanks for me.

Will it actually go that fast? I bet it can be slowed down.

Mo’ griffons.

Quetzal/panther griffin variant. Fructivorous?

5 Likes

pretty impressive! not sure how I feel about the eyes and wings, but I love the shading on the torso…

The coloring is great! However, I think you should work on the beak as it looks like a yellow carrot protruding from its head.