Alfie's Mods [Re-designed!]

Check the log file. It sounds like your mixinto and/or manifest is broken.

Oops. There was a spelling mistake that I corrected yesterday but it came back today? Strange. I need to train my eyes for this kinda thing.

Anyway, books are there.

Progress Update #5

Iā€™ve successfully added Weeds, Plant Fibre, Books, and the Birch Bookcase to the game! Well, theyā€™re in the game, but thereā€™s an error when you try to craft the Bookcase.

You need to harvest Weeds to get Plant Fibre, and then you need 2 plant fibre per set of books! You then need two books and 4 birch logs to make your beloved Birch Bookcase, @SteveAdamo! :wink:

Oh also, itā€™s not guaranteed that weeds will spawn in your world. This makes bookcases valuable.

Also, youā€™ll either have to pick to start near berries or weeds, as they donā€™t really spawn with each other.

2 Likes

Wesleyā€™s arrival ā€¦ t-minus 24 hours

mod testing ā€¦ imminent

3 Likes

Just in time, then! :wink:

Progress Update #6

I fixed that bug, but also created another one? But this one is hilarious.

1 Like

Progress Update #7 (final)

All done, @SteveAdamo!

Iā€™ll probably add in more furniture tomorrow, and then release it for youā€¦ :blush:

1 Like

Wesley thanks youā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

Soā€¦ the update might be a bit delayedā€¦ I seem to be procrastinating making more furniture.

So your Wesley arrived. Howā€™s Wesley?

he did arrive! the kids were home for spring break, so all I could do was unpackā€¦ but Iā€™ll get him squared away this eveningā€¦ Iā€™ll post picsā€¦

and yes, heā€™s dead sexahā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good goodā€¦ Iā€™ll just quickly release a updated version riiightā€¦ here, in celebration of Wesleyā€™s arrival.

This is a pre-release version of 3b, so the icons arenā€™t correct, there may be some place holder icons, etc. Oh yeah, donā€™t forget bugs.

Also, while Iā€™m on the topic of pre-releases; should I start doing these, and then having the full releases having much more new content?

Okay, so I have a question for you all. :smile:

Should I break up the mod into multipleā€¦ part? So there would be a More Trees part, and then expansions for modā€¦ like More Furniture, etc?

If the idea above is going to happenā€¦ Iā€™m thinking of titling all my mods under Alfieā€™s Mods, so thereā€™d be a complete original post over-haulā€¦ (new pictures and stuff).

If the furniture is going to be completely dependent on the extra trees I wouldnā€™t split them apart.

However this is an idea Iā€™ve though about before, creating totally independent systems can be chosen depending on playing style. (For Example: A religion mod, a smithing upgrade mod and a resking mod)

Trueā€¦ I guess thatā€™s outta the window then. (That was quick)

Iā€™m still titling my mods under Alfieā€™s Mods and giving it a over-haulā€¦ Iā€™m having fun with Photoshop and stuffsā€¦ :wink:

If itā€™s tagged properly then nothing is really ā€œdependentā€. Others could create their own mod which supplies whatever resource is required - although in the very beginning, I guess it would be just one mod.

Still, it allows you to get just trees, without the furniture.

ok, this has to be expanded onā€¦ we must see your handiwork! :smile:

as for breaking apart your workā€¦ i suppose anything is possible, as your content/ideas progressā€¦

Taa-daa! Iā€™ve re-designed the entire thing, and re-wrote it.

1 Like

and changed your avatar no lessā€¦ did you fill out the proper paperwork? in triplicate?

1 Like

Uhhā€¦ of course! quickly does paperwork

2 Likes