Alfie's Mods [Re-designed!]

Being built soon… and by soon I mean I’m doing it now.

Edit: I’ve hit a wall… I might need to change something… or two.

Alert! Alert!

The mod is broken in the latest version! I can’t believe it took me so long to figure out.

So basically all the trees drop invisible logs that vaporize when touching a stockpile… aka I messed up and broke everything without realising.

More Trees Mod

[Public Release 3a]

Woo hoo! Furniture! It only took several hours.

What’s new in this version?

• Pretty much fixed everything… again.
  • Added Simple Birch Chair
  • Removed Blades of Grass (They were useless)

Known bugs:

• The icons for the furniture, log and trees look a bit iffy. This isn’t really a bug, but it’s not how I’d like it.

Download here.

Planned features:

• More furniture! Preferably the basic chairs and tables for each log at first.
  • More food! Such as apple trees and such… I’ll see what I can do.
  • Better icons! Read the ‘bug’ above.

Terribly sorry about the triple post, Steve and Geoffers.

2 Likes

excellent work! :+1:

not sure how you managed to eek this out and stay on top of my schedule, but we can discuss that later…

fear not… it’s your thread, you get some slack… :wink:

3 Likes

I plan on modelling some more furniture later on today, and possibly putting it into the mod…

Any wood types you want to be done quickly? Any new furniture? Any new trees?

Working trampolines. Go. :checkered_flag:

1 Like

Uhm… urr… maybe later?

1 Like

Rainbow trees, rainbow wood and rainbow stables.

1 Like

Ooh. Maybe I’ll create a ‘wacky trees edition’ of the mod… :wink:

since you’re asking… how about a bookshelf? :smiley:

Hmm… Sure! I’ll add a version for every wood, even oak. :wink:

**Edit: **I just had a cool idea… should I try to make a plant that you can harvest, and then with that plant you make books, and then with said books you can make the bookshelf? It might take a bit of work… :smile:

1 Like

all i can say is, this would secure that promotion you’ve been after…

sounds awesome! :smile:

Hurrah!

Also, I’ve decided to go with plant fibre. This would get dropped when you chop a tree, and then the fibre goes into making books, and then you use both books and log to make the book cases! Each tree has it’s own fibre, that matches the colour of the leaves.

1 Like

sounds like a plan! :smiley:

if memory serves, when a similar discussion came up before, some were mentioning getting as granular as coal or other sources) to provide for the actual “writing” within the books…

i think you’ve already tasked yourself with enough however… :wink:

I won’t be going as far… I’m simply doing this to provide a reason for why there are books on the book case! I thought it would be a bit odd having a book case with books but without actually using books.

Progress Update

It appears trees can’t have two different resource drops? Which is a shame, so I guess I’ll stick to the original idea of a single plant that you chop down, harvest like a berry bush, or whatever, which then gives you plant fibre.

Progress Update #2

I added Weeds into the game, these are like berry bushes, you get your servants to harvest it (a berry basket icon appears for now, I’m just assuming it’s the global harvest icon) and it’ll give you plant fibres!

Progress Update #3

With weeds being in the game 'n all, I figured I better add the books now… :wink:

I’m not sure how the game would handle using resources to make resources, but I might as well try.

Progress Update #4

Okay, so the game doesn’t like making resources with resources.

What would you all say to placeable books? It might look half decent, maybe.

2 Likes

Correct-ish. There are, in default Stonehearth, two resources: resource_node (for things like wood) and renewable_resource_node (for berries). The first is a one-time harvest-then-dead thing, the other is renewable with a time defined in hours or more.

renewable_resource_node has the berry icon, resource_node the axe.

That shouldn’t be an issue - what do you mean “making resources with resources”?

Bottom line: I thought about adding a very generic resource component to Jelly. It would be both, renewable and one-time (depending on your settings), could feature whatever icon you please, would have whatever action you want and you could have as many of those on a plant as necessary. Currently, this isn’t possible, as one renewable task will “block” the entity (i.e. if you harvested a berry bush, you cannot chop it down until it has renewed its berries).

However, I didn’t plan on porting diy_trees anytime soon, so that got put on the back schedule. If you can’t work it out with renewable_resources (or don’t want to), I guess we could work something out.

1 Like

I’ve simply re-created the berry bush, named it ‘Weeds’ and made it drop plant fibre (a re-make of a log). It acts as a renewable resource already.

There’s material tags which define what said thing can be used for. There’s certain tags that define if the item is a resource (for example, a log) or if it’s a piece of furniture (for example, the Simple Wooden Chair). For some reason, the game doesn’t like me trying to craft a resource.

It’s kinda like making a Birch Log with an Oak Log.

I’m going to attempt making a piece of furniture, with a piece of furniture, which I believe would work, seeing all the bugs of people using chairs to make more chairs, etc.

You have to be more precise. What is the game doing? Is it poisoning wells? Spawning nasal demons?

I don’t think the game cares what you craft. The tags are merely there for ingredient and storage purposes, they do not affect the crafting outcome to my knowledge.

Well… for one the game is blocking out all the other recipes I’ve added with my mod. Which, at this moment, is just a Simple Birch Chair.