Additional Trapper's knife

The goblins killed my trapper, they burn the knife and i cant get a new one to promote another trapper ! Also it would be a great idea to be able to send trooper into the woods to help your trapper in case of an ambush.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think that, at this stage of the game, you’re stuck unless a trapper joins you via an event - just bad luck I’m afraid :frowning: .

Patrols for soldiers will be in eventually, but in the mean time short of trying to get him to patrol further afield by placing stockpiles out there there’s not much you can do. You could try having your trapper work in the village - you don’t actually need to be in the wilds for the traps to work, so pop his trapping zones down amongst your farms etc :slight_smile: .

I have to agree with @Teleros. You’re unfortunately out of luck.

I have never had a trapper join via event. Also I agree, I wish that you could send footmen out to a certain location if you notice a settler being ambushed because right now all they do is patrol crop fields and stock piles.

you have to give those goblins credit for what they can burn though, i for one have never seen anyone light a rock on fire like that.

2 Likes

You might not be able to send your footmen, but you can send almost everyone else.

1. Pause the game.
  2. Harvest a bunch of trees or berries near where the ambush is/will take place.
  3. Watch your workers run over to that area.
  4. Hit the Defend button.
4 Likes

Does anyone know how to just add another knife into the game? Would you be able to just copy a few files and it would add a new knife or would that be to difficult? Or maybe creating a new recipe for the crafter? I just think that if people learned how to do this on their own they could remedy this problem until there’s an in-game fix.

Edit: For any further discussion on this (not that much to say really, but now it’s categorized somewhere): Craft a Trapper's Knife

@CaptainMC, here you go!

I created a mod that allows the carpenter to craft a Trapper’s Knife. It costs one wood and one stone (now stone has a use!).

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=32973278062542888103

Instructions:
Put trapper.smod from the download link above into your mods folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stonehearth\mods

– or –

C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\mods

Also, based on my testing, you have to start a new game to get the mod to work. I’m not 100% sure; I just spent 30 minutes doing this real quick…I don’t have any other experience modding Stonehearth so someone might correct me.

Edit: Screenshot.

4 Likes