Can't place down trapper hunting area

I don’t know if anyone posted this up, but every time I get the footmen’s knife and I try to place down the hunting area for them to patrol it doesn’t place down. The placement will disappear like I never placed it down. I tried the other placements down, such as the stock pile and the farmers crop placements, they all work fine, it’s just the footmen’s hunting ground placement that doesn’t work.

1 Like

I think you’re getting your terminology mixed-up. Footmen are soldiers for combat. The knife is for the trapper class, who places traps that create meat and hides.

2 Likes

Do you mean the trappers hunting area, footmen don’t hunt.
And you can’t set a footmans patrol area they just patrol.
Is this the red area that you can place in the designate area tab?

2 Likes

yeah its the hunting guy sorry i just forgot the name of the class

1 Like

Trapper’s hunting areas must be somewhat away from your constructions. I’m not sure what the distance is, but the game doesn’t let me to designate an area if it’s close to my village or other constructions.

i tried that as well, but it wont place it down. do i place it in the darken areas of the world?

Perhaps the trapping zone you are dragging out is too small? The trapping region must be at least 10x10 or else the trapping region will not place. In the image below notice that size arrow on the left is red (indicating that side is not large enough).

3 Likes

oh, okay I didn’t really notice that. Thanks!

2 Likes