A21 Chabonit`s Mod - Wealth and Leadership R15.04

can you give us a little sneek peak as to what the leader will be able to do?

OK here it is @TheRedBaron91

The Leader

Outline
The Leader in this mod will not fight, farm or gather things. The behaviour will be slightly changed to show the difference between the leader and the other hearthlings (not implemented - needs lua so i am learning that atm).The leader will not flee, panic or hide but will be a target for enemies, so protection is needed.
“I thought: What if there is a class not reacting to town alert…”

The Leader walks around, talks to the Hearthlings and gives them the feeling of safety and progression (auras not implemented). The Leader takes the first steps to evolve the village to a kingdom (shown in the jeweler campaign). By gaining experience there are orders, speeches and decrees craftable (town buffing items - implemented) supporting crafting, gathering and fighting.
There will be (next step on the Road map)craftable quest-items :gift: starting new campaigns.
These campaigns have the goals:

• unlocking building templates only working with jeweler items and jeweler campaign
    theme: castle, castle buildings, walls and so on
  • unlocking new trading (that is campaign too)
  • new diplomatic connections (also campaign building)
  • new enemies(needs modeling and animation - needs bringing up my blender skills again)

Summary: (planning phase)
This all leeds to a deeper gaming experience because the leader is not a better crafter or the greatest warrior it is just the starting point for the player to evolve. It is a class bringing some RPG like feeling into SH. And everyone can choose.
Yes i want new buildings now :european_castle:
Yes i want new adventures
lets go into the future i need better trading
Once you take the first step you cant go back.

For me it is a platform to implement new campaigns, to influence balancing, to give the “This is my town” feeling and a little bit of communication with the hearthling. I want SH to be more complex in resource management, unlocking classes and crafting and this is one of my ways to do it. I want another 30 hours (months):smile: of playing experience beyond the vanilla content
To bring the leader to the 100% line (ok lets say 90%)there is hours and hours (to be honest, this will take weeks) of learning needed.
Some functions are out of my skills atm. But i learn a little bit every day.
I have an idea of what to do and how to do it and take one step every day.

4 Likes

NEWS Fan Update

SNEAK PEAK "CAMPAIGN PLANING PHASE"

I want to show you how a campaign begins at my place (normally at work or in front of the televison on paper)
just writing down some ideas and the rough sketched road map. The experience of the jeweler campaign was that it is getting 30% longer (more encounters) than planned and all the side steps of creating items, graphics and templates are taking much more time than you can think of.

So here it is what i am thinking of (after i play some hours of stonehearth with all the lovely mods)

maybe someone has a better idea to plan a campaign or a hint to lower the step count or just a wish what to integrate into this one

2 Likes

Report:
Iron Mail Rack - craft station missing?

Category for new items is missing, wrong text.

NEWS R15.01 Minor Bug Fixes

• fixed iron mail rack craft station
  • fixed all speeches, orders and decrees to category consumable
1 Like

How to unlock the writing table? I have already promoted a hearthling to Leader.

Same category.

Missing flavor texts.

NEWS R15.02 Minor Bug Fixes

Fixed: wrong text for category in leader workshop from orders
Fixed: wrong paths from flavor texts posted by @dalabo

How to: unlock writing table
if you use the debug tools - retrigger the jeweler campaign before unlock_trig_castle encounter. That encounter now unlocks the right recipe
at restart the campaign now unlocks the right recipe for the carpenter

2 Likes

How i can retriggering a campaign by debug tools? Sry…

use the campaign browser. This will take you to a graphic board showing the steps of the campaign. Some of these can be triggered new and the campaign will start again at that point.

2 Likes

Hi @Chabonit, I just start a new game with R15.02, and the writing table is still unavailable. :forlorn:

Edit:
I’m pretty sure it’s R15.02 cause the flavor texts have been fixed.

1 Like

Thanks @dalabo
I qill look into that if i am home again…maybe i missed something there…it should have unlocked as you did it. I will report back when solved cant be a big thing.

2 Likes

NEWS R15.03 Minor Bug Fix

@dalabo
you were right missed to change the in edge to the right path

• fixed encounter to unlock leader writing table
3 Likes

Missing icons for order_last_stand and order_storm_the_front.
The buff names of all 3 orders are Attack!, and the descriptions are all the same too.

Well… you are right about the leader writing table. i tested it and i was able to unlock it BUT only i a savegame in the past. so yes, you fixed it.
my problem is: what about my latest savegame :confused: i didnt unlock the table so i still cant craft it :confused:
can you fix that? i dont want to go back to that old savegame ^^
greetings

@dalabo
Sounds like a greenhorn copy and paste fail

@Basila
I will look into the campaign steps and give you a detailed instruction. But it needs debug tools to trigger the campaign at some point again. Then you can click through all the steps until unlock trig castle fires again.

But i will not get into that today (CET) but maybe tomorrow morning i can spare some minutes before i must get to work.

NEWS R15.04 Minor Bug fix

Fixed paths in order last stand buff and order storm the front buff - now showing the right icons and texts- reported from @dalabo

@Basila
ok i found the problem that you encounter.

The problem is that the encounter itself is renewed with the download but the _arc from the campaign is not renewed. This leads to the problem that the campaign does not recognize the new encounter to unlock the writing table.
The only Solution is atm to stamp in the writing table with debug tools in older save games.

Sry for that. Maybe there is a way that i dont know

1 Like

Maybe you implement some code that checks the availibility of all your new recipes (maybe when you load the game or press a button or …). Then the programm will check if there is something unlocked that has to be locked or if there is something locked that has to be unlocked (due to mod changes). Maybe this is a change that will help everyone for further updates and changes.

(i am sorry if you dont understand my english - i am from germany. but i can try to explain it somehow else :smiley: )

PS: it is kind of weird to see my leader fearing around every fight but thats funny xD

I forgot something to say: this mod is very nice. the ways you increase your network and you are able to build castles using nice looking decorations is awesome :slight_smile: and honors to you, you really care about the community.

greetings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the continuous improvements.
I hope it’s bug free now. :rofl:

BTW, the translation of Traditional Chinese has been done. :wink:

Edit:
Hope you didn’t forget to refine the cubemitter for them.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

had the mod been released yet? havnt been here in a while and to lazy to took trough every post xD