[Starting to mod] Need help error in mod

Hi,
I am starting to do some basic modding and using what I can find have created a basic mod which at the moment I am attempting to add a new class “ringmaster” into.

The long-term goal will be to have the ringmaster create rings that will allow other workers, for example, to do certain jobs better etc.

There is also some other parts of the mod such as a few weapons and some mess around food items

I recently added this new character however it seems to have broken my game in a way that the game will now no longer launch properly. and I would very much like someone to point out to me what has gone wrong.

I would really like to write some bigger mods I have a friend also interested in helping me out with this so any help for this would be much appreciated
Many thanks,

Download mod file (dropbox)

-Guy

Your en.json file is wrong. You can check json integrity with http://jsonlint.com/

Your manifest is pointing to files that does not exist.

The recipes are wrong, they are still pointing into the files from another mod, which I would guess you used as a base for this one.

@BrunoSupremo

Many thanks,
Have been working my way through this trying to fix everything and have mostly got everything running however now despite have named everything correctly (I think) I get no “UI” in my ringmaster when I launch the game.

It may just be me but another pair of eyes would be much appreciated.

After my edits this is the latest that I have:
testmod.7z (1.3 MB)

-Guy

In your css (workshop.less) change

#craftWindow.jewellery {

to

#craftWindow.ringmaster {

Many thanks, it fixed the problems I suppose practice will make perfect with this kind of stuff :joy:

@BrunoSupremo

Ok, so me and my friend starting developing the mod further and came into a problem when he wanted to make his own sword so we started editing files etc but came to a confusion of how you are meant to edit/what you are meant to do with the .mtl files and the.obj files.

Not really sure what to do as not changing these files seems to make it so when we equip the weapon in-game to a person the weapon is invisible.

-Guy

Those files are not needed. They are left over files that were once used for animations probably. You only need .json and .qb

1 Like

@BrunoSupremo
Thanks did confuse a bit I have to say. The link to the mod is below if you would take a look at it as too why it is not working. I have a feeling it is to do with positioning but I don’t really know about that as I’m not too sure how that works out.

The current mod is here if you would take a look at it:

devmod.7z (26.4 KB)

Many thanks

The .qb file name is wrong, different from what the .json is looking for.

Many thanks, this fixed the problem. However, I now have an issue with the sword floating away from the footman.

Not really sure how to fix this?

-Guy

You can either re-position it in the .qb or in the .json. And also check if it has the correct layer/matrix name in the .qb, as it is how the animation would know which part to move and where it goes.

@BrunoSupremo
Thanks again,

I have been trying to add another “workshop” for the ringmaster I am working on however have come into another problem

[details=Engine error text]release-699 (x32)[M]
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:236: bad argument #1 to ‘pairs’ (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function ‘pairs’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:236: in function ‘_build_craftable_recipe_list’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:107: in function ‘activate’
radiant/modules/common.lua:515: in function ‘create_controller’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:48: in function ‘_ensure_job_id’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:77: in function ‘get_job’
stonehearth/services/server/job/job_service.lua:65: in function ‘get_job_info’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:554: in function ‘get_job_info’
…rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:17: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:553: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>[/details]

and this is what I get.

Game mod file is here if it helps:
testmod.7z (675.2 KB)

-Guy

Your recipes.json is wrong. Look at the carpenter to see how to add 2 workbenches. (You just placed the lines at the wrong place)