[A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread

happen to see the same issue with the standard builds. It would not build the dining room building completely. When I told them to build another they completed it with out fail.

1 Like

The devs have asked that this thread continue to be used for non-working building templates in A15. Please keep posting your templates from either build here. Be sure to specify which build it is failing in. See post #45 for more details and instructions.

4 Likes

Summary:
To further test out how the current Alpha 15 Dev 2860 x64 works i wanted to try making a simple “lamp post” because they had problems to build these things for a really long time and they still have with this type of structure.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place Floor and then Slabs and WallMounted Lanters according to picture in attatchments
  2. Start Building
  3. Wait for Results

Expected Results:
Being able to Build the Entire Thing

Actual Results:
Only Builds Lower Floor and First Slab

Notes:

Attachments:

Template
lamp not working.zip (1.1 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
No Mods
Develop 2860 x64

System Information:
Windows 10 x64
i7 920@3.8Ghz
AMD 7950 @980Mhz
12GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
Asus P6t Deluxe v2
Samsung 840 EVO

2 Likes

Yeah, does not work, made a test or 15, will not be build

@jomaxro @sdee: Should I post a template here if the UI refuses to even place it in the world, or should that be considered a separate bug?

3 Likes

What exactly do you mean “the UI refuses to even place it in the world”? Can you be more specific? When you open the list of templates, and click on it, what exactly happens next?

1 Like

The dialog box that appears at the top center of the screen that says “click in the world to place the building” appears for less than a second before immediately disappearing.

This behavior follows the template to new games too.

Side note: In the world where I designed the building, I am also unable to remove the ghosted design (it’s not done being designed yet). The red remove button in the building designer UI does not appear to do anything to that building. If I place a vanilla template in the world, it does let me remove it, so both symptoms appear to be specific to my custom template.

2 Likes

I know im able to find a Building which not work :slightly_smiling:

Every time i press the “Build it” button, i got these errors, and my heartlings doesnt start to build
this building. gebäude1.zip (11.1 KB)

i tried it on 3 different Worlds, old and new one, every time this error:

Has someone an idea why this building stuck?

develop-2860 (x64)
...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1139: attempt to index local 'depe' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1139: in function '_compute_inverse_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:292: in function 'set_active'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:94: in function 'set_active'
	stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>
develop-2860 (x64)
...ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:76: attempt to index field '_info' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function 'report_traceback'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:228>
	...ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:76: in function 'get_out_edge'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:248: in function 'trigger_next_encounter'
	...trollers/encounters/wait_for_net_worth_encounter.lua:60: in function '?'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:395: in function 'invoke'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:97: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function '_trigger_gameloop'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>
2 Likes

Yep, it looks like you’ve got corner columns next to each other on the second and third floor. Engine doesn’t like that yet. It should work if you use freestanding walls, though. Might be some other issue as well not visible but this seems most likely.
Edit: @Spiro, I forgot hitting the Reply button.

1 Like

i dont think so, the other 2 buildings with it, got build without problems.

2 Likes

That’s odd, but good to know. At least I am getting an error message with something something “nil value” if I lay out the foundation like this:

Though now that you mention it, in your case the wall can still be drawn with a straight line, while my setup requires to go back a step at the buttresses.

1 Like

was trying to desig a church but the villagers had other ideas.

is build entirely with slabs, no doors or windows where placeble. Was only buildable by using debug tools

1 Like

Next one, the highest Roof doesnt start to build.

dontbuild1.zip (9.9 KB)

2 Likes

@megashub, yes, please post your template here!

1 Like

As requested: Watchtower (WIP)

1 Like

Gets about halfway, then breaks :frowning:

1 Like

Sounds just like what the game would do. :grin: What version are you using? You might want to upload your save file in the following thread so the devs might take a look into it.
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/epic-gigantic-a14-a15-saves/19524/60

Nice building though. I build a castle with 303 stone once, which even finished. It took the hearthlings more than 3 months though, because only about 1-3 of 24 hearthlings would work on it, while the others idled.

1 Like

I’m not very creative, but heres a giant freaking build thats atleast 75x75x75

Getting that middle part was a little tricky :stuck_out_tongue: (Suprislingly it kept being a single structure after tearing chunks of it apart to pillar up)
giant building template (20.3 KB)

1 Like

My hearthlings will not build this simple house that involves the use of a few slabs. Basically, they’ll just build the foundation and put down the slabs that are directly on the floor. (A15)

Template:

big house with stone fence.zip (6.8 KB)

2 Likes

My buildings are simple and pathetic compared to some of the glorious structures I see others designing (kudos to you all). I need to up my game and learn how to use the designer better!

My hearthlings seem to build the buildings just fine but in both 15 builds so far, I designed a simple barracks and they would never place the last bed during construction. First build I had 4 beds setup and they only ever did 3. Second build (2865) they would only place 5 of 6. In both cases I had the beds pre-built long before they ever needed to place them. In both cases I was able to manually place a bed over the ghost of the bed in the building and get them to place it long after the scaffolding had been removed and the building was done (in both cases I never noticed the lack of the last bed til days after construction completed).

1 Like