Wooden Tunnel Door allowed to be partially embedded in tunnel wall and cannot be moved once placed

Summary:
Wooden Tunnel Door allowed to be partially embedded in tunnel wall

Steps to reproduce:

1. Dig a normal tunnel
  2. Attempt to place a tunnel door, screw up your placement, and accidentally place it off to one side by 1 block width, like I did.
  3. Observe the game place it as instructed, without error checking for viability.
  4. Now attempt to (re-)move the door and discover no UI elements are available to do so.

Expected Results:

• UI should not allow me to place the wooden tunnel door in invalid locations.
  • UI should allow me to (re-)move wooden tunnel doors.

Actual Results:
See screenshots

Screenshots:
Because I can’t remove the door (note there are no move/remove buttons on item detail box in the lower left), I tried to plug up the gap to secure the entry manually. Note that this resulted in a “Building my hearthlings cannot build” (see second screenshot for the details):

I manually placed the ladder to help them. To finish the slab column, I would have to keep manually raising the ladder after each new block was placed.

Version Number and Mods in use:
A15 D2860

tagged it! sorry for the delay, still catching up on new reports…

1 Like

no worries! sorry to add more! :confused:

I had a major test this afternoon, was offline most of the weekend studying…I’m working on catching up…

never apologize for reporting a problem in the game! :slightly_smiling:

though its really my fault that i havent gotten through all the reports…

Nah. We’re all in this together. :slight_smile: Hope your test went well!

2 Likes

Well, I’ll find out next week. Felt good taking it…so no major concerns.

2 Likes