Map Game: Awesomeness!

Phhfft. Okay, whatever. I’ll make a map game. Here’s the idea: you take over as a nation, and steer it to awesomeness and domination. A few rules first though:

1. We’ll play by turns. I determine when a turn is over, and I’ll update the map accordingly. One turn = 10 Years
    You can play three times per 1 turn.

1st: Cultural Turn; research, build something cool, etc.
2nd: Diplomatic Turn, make agreements, declare war, etc.
3rd: War Turn: Deploy troops, shore up defenses, etc.

1. Be rational. Poland can’t conquer Mars in the Bronze Age and then develop fusion.
  2. Apply to be a nation: Swift_Cube
    Bananos Republicos
    (Color)
  3. Example Action (Action uses up your turn): The Bananos Republicos strengthens its military and makes MOAR bananas.
  4. I cannot possibly put all the countries and their colors onto the nations, so just get them from here: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103802. Go to Medieval, and apply for the nation and its respective color.
  5. Deviate from history! Just not too much though, which would conflict with rule 2. Something like a twin Renaissance flowering in both the East and West would be great.
  6. Respect what things occurred, when they occurred. Discover the Americas around the time the Americas were discovered, make the atomic bomb around the time it was first made.
  7. White countries anyone can apply for. They also can be conquered without negotiation, but please take a few turns to do so.
  8. Negotiations do not take turns, but deals do. Feel free to negotiate a deal.
    #VERY IMPORTANT! ABSOLUTELY NO COLONIZATION OF THE NEW WORLD UNTIL 1490 AD!!

######(Was that extreme? It probably was, but it felt good.)

We’ll start 1400 AD.

The Board of Stats:
Nations:
Ming China: @Swift_Cube (Green)
Denmark: @Heilari (Teal)
Iceland: @naturalnuke (Crimson)
Japan (I knew it! :wink:): @Avairian (Yellow)
Sweden: @EpicDwarf (Dark Blue)
Madagascar Empire: @claymanr (Orange)
HRE: @Vaurature (Purple)
UK: @Newf (Bright Red)
Australia: @Xavion (Magenta)
Sri Lanka: @Gridnick (Ocre)
Pol-lit: @phoriist (Brown)
France: @ManOfRet (Dark Blue)
Finland: @thorbjorn42gbf
Neapolitan Empire: @Smokestacks
Peru: @dwarf
Benin Empire: @AlamoTom
#Moderators: @ManOfRet and @phoriist
Year: 1460 AD
Map:
1400 AD:

1410 AD:

1420 AD:

1430 AD:

1440 AD:

1450 AD:

1460 AD:

1470 AD:

1480 AD:

1490: (None so far)

1500:
So, that’s that. Conquer, trade, forge alliances. The game is up to you! Just be plausible, and have fun :smiley:!

6 Likes

The Ming Dynasty strengthens its military at the fringes of Manchuria, influencing the general area.

Can I have the Glorious Democratic Penguin’s Republic of Antarctica even though you didn’t deem it necessary to have the best continent listed on your world map… Please?

How about Greenland? We can have it settled by a fringe group of Vikings, and name it the Penguin Clan. Would that be good?

1 Like

Are you implying that Antarctica is not best continent? That penguin leader did not descend from heaven to bless the penguin race with eternal fish?

It’s 1400 AD, technically we don’t know what happened in Antarctica. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for to have a Penguin nation down there. Vikings and people are boring… Best nation penguin nation.

I think that making a separate race of penguin-folk is stretching it a bit far.

I was worried you might see it that way… which is why I’ve removed the successful space program from the nation’s history before submitting it.

But alright, I see that penguins are not welcome here. :expressionless:

goes back to nationstates where he’s allowed to do ridiculous decisions… and still remains popular leader

2 Likes

Holy crap! You play that game too?!

All hail the Federation of the Comradical Robertian Republics!

Eh, I log in every 60 days and make some decisions. It’s working quite okay, one of my nations is most average 15% in the world, the other (which I’ve based on decisions like the HL2 resistance might do them) is in the world’s 5% nude. I have no idea how that happened but I kind of… approve?

Well, this looks quite interesting. I’ll give it a go!

@Heilari
Denmark
Color: Teal

Denmark strengthens it’s Southern border will military troops and forts, increasing the defense along the border.

Question: May I have more than one action per turn? Such as: I increase Denmark’s food supply by building a ton of farms, send an emissary to Norway, as well as strengthening our Southern border.

Attention! Back from the dead, I have edited my post in order to test some things. Such as, will editing a post bump a locked thread to the top? And post pictures too.

And now for some final editing in a moment… hang tight!

Mwahahha! I’m back! Moar pictures!

I’M BACK!!

@naturalnuke
Iceland
Color: Crimson

Iceland fortifies it’s navy, and beach front forts.

Open to a trade agreement for yaks.

@Avairian
Japan
Color: Yellow

The Shogun orders new castles to be built and their armories restocked , fortifying the key rice production fields.

@EpicDwarf

Sweden
Dark Blue

I order for the borders of this country to be reinforced with outposts with their inventories restocked and soldiers guarding them. I will not let this country be invated by outruders!

I’m open for trading if anyone wants to.

Got any yaks? :smile:

1 Like

@claymanr

madagascar

orangered

I’ll give this a try then.

@Vaurature
Holy Roman Empire (I thoroughly enjoy German tanks. All hail the King Tiger Baby! Even if that’ll be developed 500 years from now.)
Violet (or just dull and boring gray…)

Start researching into antimatter weaponry.

Actually in all seriousness, Increase the strength of defenses on the northern border with Denmark, sending an emissary to confirm that they are not, in fact, suicidal.

Ill try this out.

Ireland (If I can have the Entire UK I’ll gladly take that)

Colour: Bright Red

Start building/researching a Navy, Also sends emissary to Iceland with lots of Yak statues made of Peat (Ireland’s greatest resource) as an offering

Can I take Australia? Either budding civilization and beginning the unification of the wandering tribes or even without that. If so I’ll choose a first action based on whether I’m allowed to tweak before starting as them
Australia: Xavion (Magenta)

Can i bet Taprobane (Sri lanka) Colour- Ocre I research into military technology naval and land raiding
Im open completely for trade

Can we have what year it is? So we can tell when an earthquake or something happens

@Gridnick I think you can only research one thing and do one thing each turn like you can research spear weaponry and move an army somewhere