Tribes game ( a forum game)

Ok folks this is a bit like the map game. Each player will have an island. You will get to choose 2 starting resources for said island and build your empire from there. Each turn will be one day. After 50 turns a random disaster will happen and you have to deal with it. If you are interested leave a response with your nation its starting resources and a unique unit (I will rule it out if it is op) DO NOT READ ON PAST HERE IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED AS THIS WILL BE LONG.
Worker Units
Worker-can work any resource and gain one of that resource for each turn worked-costs 1 food per turn and 10 food to buy
Farmer-can work any food resource and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Fishing boat- works fish for 4 food a turn - 15 wood and 4 metal to buy
Miner-can work the mineral or stone resources and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Apprentice-can work Mana Crystals and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Lumberjack-can work the wood resource and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Combat Units
Warrior-5 health/2 damage- 2 food per turn- 1 wood and 2 stone to buy
Archer-4 health/3 damage range-2 food per turn- 2 wood and 2 stone to buy
Mage-3 health/4 damage range-2 food per turn- 4 mana crystals to buy
Canoe-carries one unit or can be used to trade resources- 15 wood
Canoe Warrior-10 health /2 damage-16 wood and 2 stone to buy
Spearman-5 health/4 damage (does not take damage when attacking)-2 food per turn- 5 wood and 1 metal to buy
Archer- 5 health / 4 damage range - 2 food per turn- 5 wood and 2 metal to buy
Wizard- 4 health / 6 damage range - 2 food per turn- 2 wood and 8 mana crystals to buy
Swordsman-6 health / 3 damage - 2 food per turn - 1 wood and 3 metal to buy
Ship- 8 health- can be used for transport or trade- 18 wood and 4 metal to build
Golem- 15 health / 8 damage (20 damage against structures)- 15 stone - 10 mana crystals
Heavy Spearman-8 health / 6 damage (Does not take damage when attacking)- 2 food per turn - 8 metal and 3 wood to buy
Rifleman- 6 health / 8 damage - 2 food per turn - 5 metal and 6 wood to buy
Pyromancer- 5 health / 12 damage - 2 food per turn - 5 metal and 15 mana crystal to buy
Knight - 10 health / 8 damage - 2 food per turn - 8 metal and 6 wood to buy
Airship - 50 health- can be used for transport or trade (ignores sea walls)- 30 metal and 30 mana crystals to buy
Resources
Mana crystals
Wood
Stone
Metal
Farms (food)
fish (food)
animals (food)
The map
The islands will not have destinations but will instead be reachable in one turn by any sea or air unit.
Combat
In combat any unit on the island can attack any other unit on the island. These units will fight until the death of one unit. This all happens in one turn. E.G.
Warrior attacks Swordsman
The warrior will do two damage and the swordsman will do 3 damage
The warrior will do two damage and the swordsman will do 3 damage
however the warrior has died as he only has 5 health.
Units with ranged do not take the damage from the defender
If a boat dies it kills all units on board.
Trade
I am not going to restrict trade you guys can do what ever deals you want.
Buildings
Mine- 8 metal, 3 stone and 5 wood - gives 3 metal each turn
Quarry- 8 metal and 5 wood- gives 3 stone each turn
Farm house- 10 wood and 10 stone - gives 5 food a turn
Wizards tower- 15 stone and 5 mana crystals- gives 3 mana crystals a turn
Lodge- 8 wood- gives 2 food a turn
Sea wall- no enemy units can get onto your land- 20 health- 40 wood
Sea wall II- no enemy units can get onto your land- 40 health- 40 stone
Sea wall III- no enemy units can get onto your land- 80 health- 40 metal
Anti aircraft tower- automatically does 30 damage to enemy airships each turn if they are over your island- 15 metal and 5 mana crystals
Anti boat tower- any enemy boat trying to land takes 10 damage- 5 metal and 3 mana crystals

First off, we need to know starting resources / units, else it’s hard to judge how best to plan our economies. Anyway, moving on…

[quote=“Lepoard200, post:1, topic:6722, full:true”]Worker Units
Worker-can work any resource and gain one of that resource for each turn worked-costs 1 food per turn and 10 food to buy
Farmer-can work any food resource and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Fishing boat- works fish for 4 food a turn - 15 wood and 4 metal to buy
Miner-can work the mineral or stone resources and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Apprentice-can work Mana Crystals and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy
Lumberjack-can work the wood resource and gain 2 of that resource for each turn worked-costs 2 food per turn and 20 food to buy[/quote]

1. Farmers are literally pointless, because they consume AND produce only 2 food.
  2. Do you need crews to man fishing boats, and if so, how much food do they consume? Assuming you need a farmer to work a fishing boat, that means you need 1 farmer and 1 fishing boat per one miner/apprentice/lumberjack, or per 2 workers.
  3. In other words, your population must consist of at least 50% food gatherers. I suspect that having even 25% military units will be impressive.

[quote=“Lepoard200, post:1, topic:6722, full:true”]Combat Units
Warrior-5 health/2 damage- 2 food per turn- 1 wood and 2 stone to buy
Archer-4 health/3 damage range-2 food per turn- 2 wood and 2 stone to buy
Mage-3 health/4 damage range-2 food per turn- 4 mana crystals to buy
Canoe-carries one unit or can be used to trade resources- 15 wood
Canoe Warrior-10 health /2 damage-16 wood and 2 stone to buy
Spearman-5 health/4 damage (does not take damage when attacking)-2 food per turn- 5 wood and 1 metal to buy
Archer- 5 health / 4 damage range - 2 food per turn- 5 wood and 2 metal to buy
Wizard- 4 health / 6 damage range - 2 food per turn- 2 wood and 8 mana crystals to buy
Swordsman-6 health / 3 damage - 2 food per turn - 1 wood and 3 metal to buy
Ship- 8 health- can be used for transport or trade- 18 wood and 4 metal to build
Golem- 15 health / 8 damage (20 damage against structures)- 15 stone - 10 mana crystals
Heavy Spearman-8 health / 6 damage (Does not take damage when attacking)- 2 food per turn - 8 metal and 3 wood to buy
Rifleman- 6 health / 8 damage - 2 food per turn - 5 metal and 6 wood to buy
Pyromancer- 5 health / 12 damage - 2 food per turn - 5 metal and 15 mana crystal to buy
Knight - 10 health / 8 damage - 2 food per turn - 8 metal and 6 wood to buy
Airship - 50 health- can be used for transport or trade (ignores sea walls)- 30 metal and 30 mana crystals to buy[/quote]

1. Again, what are the crew requirements for machines / vehicles?
  2. You surely mean “does not take damage for one combat turn when attacking”, else:

“Spearman attacks Swordsman, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.”

Will be a problem, no? I mean, basically as it stands ATM, you have some units with an innate, permanent, passive 50% damage reduction.

[quote=“Lepoard200, post:1, topic:6722, full:true”]The map
The islands will not have destinations but will instead be reachable in one turn by any sea or air unit.[/quote]
This & resources seems fine, although I wonder if travel is a little too quick. Your mileage may vary.

Again with the 50% damage reduction:

“Archer attacks Spearman, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.
Spearman attacks Archer, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.”

Now, what happens if I mass an army of archers/spearman and outnumber you?

“Archer 1 attacks Golem, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.
Archer 2 attacks Golem, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.
Archer 3 attacks Golem, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.
Archer 4 attacks Golem, does 4dmg takes 0dmg.
Golem dies.
Golem does not attack, is dead.
Archer Stack Of Doom moves on to next enemy.”

Point is, I think the combat rules need some work. Also, what about healing units that survive a battle with less than full health?

[quote=“Lepoard200, post:1, topic:6722, full:true”]Trade
I am not going to restrict trade you guys can do what ever deals you want.[/quote]
Good stuff :slight_smile: .

[quote=“Lepoard200, post:1, topic:6722, full:true”]Buildings
Mine- 8 metal, 3 stone and 5 wood - gives 3 metal each turn
Quarry- 8 metal and 5 wood- gives 3 stone each turn
Farm house- 10 wood and 10 stone - gives 5 food a turn
Wizards tower- 15 stone and 5 mana crystals- gives 3 mana crystals a turn
Lodge- 8 wood- gives 2 food a turn
Sea wall- no enemy units can get onto your land- 20 health- 40 wood
Sea wall II- no enemy units can get onto your land- 40 health- 40 stone
Sea wall III- no enemy units can get onto your land- 80 health- 40 metal
Anti aircraft tower- automatically does 30 damage to enemy airships each turn if they are over your island- 15 metal and 5 mana crystals
Anti boat tower- any enemy boat trying to land takes 10 damage- 5 metal and 3 mana crystals[/quote]

1. Any manning requirements for structures? Or can I build auto-farms and turn my entire population into soldiers :stuck_out_tongue: ?
  2. How do you build new structures? Do you need workers?
  3. AA Towers (and maybe AB Towers) are overpowered, because the wording indicates that a single AA Tower will do 30 damage to all enemy airships per turn.
  4. How do you destroy a Sea Wall without air units? I see no catapult triremes or what-have-you.

As it is, here’s how I’d be playing:

Teleros Isle
Defences: Sea Wall 3, plus 2x AA Towers.
Resources: Metal, Mana.
Economy: 100% automated.
Offence: The entire population.
Strategy 1: Find some poor schmuck who hasn’t figured out how OP the AA Towers are, and drop an army of Archers/Spearmen (wood from trade) on him. When nobody like this is left, game ends because conquest is impossible.
Strategy 2: As #1, but using massed pyromancers (due to lack of wood) and just soaking up the losses because hey, I have my entire population to use in combat.

Right, now that I’ve tried my best to cheese the rules, find loopholes and break things, time to throw in a few ideas to fix things:

1. Add in warships to destroy Sea Walls. And warships to counter those warships. Attacking warships prevent fishing boats from setting out to catch fish if there are no defending warships to oppose them.
  2. Defensive towers can only target 1 unit at a time (be it sea or air unit).
  3. Defensive towers need to cost more, preferably so it’s more cost-effective to build units rather than turtle up.
  4. Combat is solved on an individual basis: Archer 1 fights to the death before Archer 2 gets involved etc.
  5. Ranged units get a free attack in first. Spearmen deal bonus damage on their first attack. Swordsmen use shields, and take 1 less damage from each attack against them. Mages/knights/etc… you get the idea. Make more units interesting and worthwhile to use, instead of just “stack archers/spearmen” etc. Mages could heal or do stacking damage, knights could charge (spearman + swordsman buffs?), and so on.
  6. Units that survive combat heal to full for next turn.
  7. Military machines, vehicles & structures require 4 food per turn each.
  8. Farmers produce 6 food, eat 2, surplus of 4. Ie 1 farmer can support 2 other units, or 1 military transport/vehicle/structure.
  9. Fishing boats produce 12 food, eat 4, surplus of 8. Twice as effective as farmers, but can be blockaded.
  10. Every turn that you lack food, all your military units, except golems, lose 1 health. They can die from this. Doesn’t affect civilians, to avoid a long blockade utterly devastating an island population and nuking it back to Turn 1.
  11. All units require at least 1 turn to make. Ditto buildings.
  12. Military vehicles & machines, and all buildings, require at least 1 regular worker per building project (ie no building 3 separate AA Towers with 1 worker simultaneously).
  13. Civilians need health points and damage values, if only to avoid starving out the garrison via blockade & sending in 1 solitary warrior to “conquer” an island.
  14. Airships & transport ships need unit cargo capacity. And ideally trade cargo capacity too (canoes want this last one too). Else 1 canoe = carries all your trade items, and 1 airship = carries an entire army corps.
  15. Population growth needs to be factored in. I recommend basing it at least in part on surplus food and the size of the civilian population.

Rather a long post I know, but I hope it’s of some use to you :slight_smile: .

1 Like

i wouldn’t mind joining but ive got a few questions?

will this be pm?
What biome is this in or can you choose?
thats all i can think of right now

Nation:The Yakimi
Resources: Animals
-Animals
-wood
Special Unit: stealth kayaks - very good for ambushing coastal only can go for long distances and have short bursts of speed undetectable by AB Towers. better attack than canoe warrior weaker than canoes. to make you need 8 wood 10 hide( gotten from animals)

What else do i have to add?

This cracks me up as I ran a similar forum game years back. If you want to steal any ideas/rules from it. you are welcome to.

Tribes 1

Tribes 2 (This one is layed out slightly better. and has a prettier map :stuck_out_tongue: )

Also, a Game Master tip from me, don’t disclose every little thing about your rules if you can help it, keeping it generalized and doing the work on your end keeps things simpler for the players, and less worries about people picking apart what you’ve created. :smile:

You can choose what biome your island is

Thanks teleros sigh

4 Likes

@Lepoard200 have you given up on this

yes, i only got two players

oh yeah ill try and get some more people

If you can get more people i will re-write the rules and make a pm.

2 Likes