Stonehearth: The discourse's role playing game!

This is quite complicated, so hopefully you’ll understand! :smile: What you want to do is type a reply saking to do something : like loot a town, or go hunting in the woods etc. Then, I will reply to you saying the outcome. Remember, you can interact with other players in the game (E.G, someone could say "hey 8bit crab, would you like to trade some armour, or hey 8bitcrab, lets battle). Here is the map of the landscape:

Please play by the rules, and most importantly, HAVE FUN :smiley:

3 Likes

Can I claim a town as mine? Like can Woodhurst be under the leadership of thelegorebel?

You can try to become elected by the citizens, and perform a campaign - say something that you will do if you became leader, and then see if you’re accepted!

I don’t know what all the rules are but I will see if this works then.

I would like to establish Acton as the premier trading port. Connecting the lands of the east (Nearon,Killkenny, Aberstwyth, and Eelry) to the mainland west. with a southern focus of Hillfar, Watford, Acomb, and Gramsby.

Task: construct a deep water port for large trading vessels.
Purpose: in order to (IOT) maximize trading volume.

Task: Establish bulwarks along the eastern coast.
Purpose: IOT to repel raiders, pirates, and evil minions of the volcano.

Task: Establish defensive pack with Watford.
Purpose: (IOT) to deter attacks from the west and to ensure cooperative effort to keep main supply open to the interior.

Task: Establish trade agreements with Carlisle to create a stable northern and southern market.
Purpose: (IOT) to establish a agreed upon market value to deter inflation and prevent shortages.

Building focus:
Defensive walls - Establish secure area of operations
Defensive military - Maintain control to allow freedom of operation
Harbor - To facilitate overseas trade
Storage areas - facilitate ability to adjust to supply and demand
Crafting stations - process raw goods into refined items of higher demand.

As you are a non leader, you create a petition for each task, and go around the continent asking for voters.[quote=“Geokhan, post:4, topic:22404”]
Task: construct a deep water port for large trading vessels.Purpose: in order to (IOT) maximize trading volume.
[/quote]

This idea is accepted, and you will receive a small amount of income from the sales / trades.

Idea is accepted, but you will have to help fund the operation. You have been appointed manager of the operation. Your income from the trade vessels will most likely pay for this.[quote=“Geokhan, post:4, topic:22404”]
Task: Establish defensive pack with Watford.Purpose: (IOT) to deter attacks from the west and to ensure cooperative effort to keep main supply open to the interior.
[/quote]

This has been rejected, since there could be disruption coming from the from the west, as they may feel insulted.[quote=“Geokhan, post:4, topic:22404”]
Task: Establish trade agreements with Carlisle to create a stable northern and southern market.Purpose: (IOT) to establish a agreed upon market value to deter inflation and prevent shortages.
[/quote]

Idea has been accepted. Similar to the vessels, you will recieve an income.

Many civilians have been saying that they would vote for you, if you decided to have a go at becoming the mayor of Watford. Would you like to try out at the election?

i would like to find ancient constructions in the wild, and then loot it.
next action
i would like to chop wood,mine stone,find some metals.
next action
i would like to build a museum to display my loot.

I really like this idea!

Tell me if I’m doing this wrong, but I will also give this game a shot, so here it goes.

I live in Pernith.

Having a huge forest next to the village, i want to build a lumber mill to be able to process wood and have a good source of export material, as well as building material to avoid dependancy on other town in future building projects.

I ask for the establishment of a small harbour to be able to send a ferry over to Carlisle to export wood. (Deserts always need it, right?)

We should also investigate if any boat-builders are willing to work here so we can put our planks to good use by building (and selling) ships.

Living in Pernith, i am angered about the trade agreement between acton and crlisle as I feel like it takes away influence and income from Pernith.

Therefore, I petition my people to build a fortification with artillery (i guess a catapult?) On the coast to be able to collect “a fair tax” from traders using the route past our coast.

After searching for a while, you find an ancient piece of pottery covered in moss. It looks quite valuable. You manage to take it. It looks a bit damaged, but it will do.[quote=“Cube1, post:6, topic:22404”]
i would like to chop wood,mine stone,find some metals.
[/quote]

You spend a while, but you find a lumber camp and quarry and begin gethering resourses.[quote=“Cube1, post:6, topic:22404”]
i would like to build a museum to display my loot.
[/quote]

You currently can’t afford the planning permission to do this - earn some more money!

1 Like

Ok then, might as well give this a shot.

1. I live in WoodHurst, a region known for its Ore.

2. I start a small mine just to the north, where I extract a small amount of iron per day.

3. I propose to the city council a land trading route to Pernith and Hillfar, wherein they trade either goods or cash in exchange for (the currently raw) ore.

4. In exchange for trading the iron which I mine, I would like wood.

P.S. It’d be cool if you could update the map with trading routes of different colors and whatnot.

You begin chopping down some trees, with the help of some friends of yours. You collect quite a lot![quote=“Reedo, post:7, topic:22404”]
I ask for the establishment of a small harbour to be able to send a ferry over to Carlisle to export wood. (Deserts always need it, right?)
[/quote]

You don’t manage to make your own, but you hire a ferry with what little money you have got. They accept your wood, and you make quite a bit of profit.[quote=“Reedo, post:7, topic:22404”]
Living in Pernith, i am angered about the trade agreement between acton and crlisle as I feel like it takes away influence and income from Pernith.

Therefore, I petition my people to build a fortification with artillery (i guess a catapult?) On the coast to be able to collect “a fair tax” from traders using the route past our coast.
[/quote]

Nobody stands up for you petition, and you begin to get less popular!

They ask if you could trade the ore for wood (which you accept) so that they can begin trading with other towns/cities.

Ps. thanx for the feedback, will do soon

After getting no votes in the petition, I decide to leave politics to the politicians for now and focus on my lumber business.

From the money I made with my first haul, I employ a handful of lumber jacks, who are better at chopping trees than I am. Also I hire the ferry again, for I need a means to export my wood.

With the extra profit, i will finally build that lumber mill I was hoping for.

Your business is booming, and you’re getting quite well known!

I petition the citizen of Acton to elect me the leader, with the aforementioned actions as my platform.

request that @Cube1 build their museum near Acton in order to generate a tourist economy. (by helping to cover the building permit)

try to appease @Reedo by proposing a land route to the north. To facilitate Pernith as the port of debarkation for goods coming from Crlisle and WoodHurst and recognizing Pernith as a outstanding member of the Northern Trade Alliance.
encourage him to resume his Leadership bid for Pernith by parlaying to the citizen of Pernith the benefits of mutual trade.

Lots of people like the idea - good day outs and tourists, will @Cube1 Cube1 accept though![quote=“Geokhan, post:14, topic:22404”]
try to appease @Reedo by proposing a land route to the north. To facilitate Pernith as the port of debarkation for goods coming from Crlisle and WoodHurst and recognizing Pernith as a outstanding member of the Northern Trade Alliance.
[/quote]

This worked well, as the workers for @Reedo feel encouraged to work harder. @Reedo likes the idea a lot!

You are gaining more and more votes, overtaking the other candidates!

Firstly I will send a thankful letter to @Geokhan for his support.
I will help establish the trade route by spending some of my income expanding the street between the villages, should my city council allow so.

From remaining money, i will again try to hire a boat builder to be able to manufacture my planks myself and perhaps sell boats to fishermen & traders.

EDIT: should i not be able to find any boat builder, i will build some wagons to get the trade going.

@Geokhan thanks you and you begin work together. [quote=“Reedo, post:16, topic:22404”]
From remaining money, i will again try to hire a boat builder to be able to manufacture my planks myself and perhaps sell boats to fishermen & traders.
[/quote]

@Geokhan contemplates assisting you for your thank you letter.

I accept @Geokhan 's offer

other action
i would try and advertise his idea.
other request
I would like to ask @Geokhan to fund my museum

(oh and could you update the map with our territories and names next to them)

Awesome!

My first action is to go visit Cube’s museum. Cause why the hell not, right?
Also while I’m in Acton I would like to visit @Geokhan and ensure him my support in the upcoming elections. (Eventhough i know I probably don’t have influence here, so whatever)

While in Acton i will talk to builders and carpenters to find if there is any demand for wood/ need to expand business.