Hearthlings ignore haul jobs

Summary:
Hearthlings fall idle even when there are a large amount of haul jobs available and all their basic needs are otherwise met. This includes retrieving chopped wood or mined ore, sheered wool bundles, placing items like fences, picking up loot, etc.

Note this does not usually apply to food crops that have been gathered; these seem to be prioritized higher. They don’t ignore the rest forever. Given enough time (but usually many game days) they will get around to these tasks. But it’s one at a time, here and there, between long stretches of idleness and tending to their own needs.

This feels a lot like the idle hearthlings bug of yore, but I don’t remember now if the symptoms match exactly, or not.

I don’t know if Shift-F5 will temporarily resolve this behavior or not, because I am still seeing the CTD crash bug when I try to use it. But, when I restart the game and re-load from the Shift-F5 save, the behavior seems to continue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Not sure exactly, other than play the game normally and organically amass 28 hearthlings like I did.
  2. I usually turn off Haul for military and some core professions, but the less time-sensitive classes keep it enabled, and of course standard workers are left standard.
  3. As I write this, I have nine idle haulers and many dozens of items to haul. And it’s not just because I might not have storage space. I have a fence line waiting to be placed as well.

Attachments:
A17-R593-megashub-ShiftF5-CTD.7z (9.3 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
A17 R593 x64 + Yang’s dev tools mod