[Con] 2 walls in one building

Title: 2 walls in one building

Summary: Not only can you designate 2 wall designs to be built in one building, but the builders will actually DO IT for you! Build two sets of walls on one building! Wild! Causes some really nifty z-fighting, which is a pretty cool design in its own right.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to the build & design tab.
  2. Lay down a floor.
  3. Put up one set of walls on the building.
  4. PUT THE OTHER SET OF WALLS ON TOO.

Expected Results: The second set of walls ought to replace the first.

Actual Results: Both walls combine to make a masterpiece.

Notes: This should not be fixed. It’s glorious.

Attachments:
http://imgur.com/SL80QQ4

http://imgur.com/ICRLESm

Versions and Mods: Alpha 4

System Information: Windows 8.1 64-bit

2 Likes

This can also be done with rooves, and I assume floors

Not floors, they actually replace each other correctly, and there’s only one roof, so that can’t be tested…

Well, you can click on the roof generation button twice, and the preview gets more and more opaque, so it is building more than one roof. I deleted it before testing to see of it built as two, but I realised too late that that crashes the game.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a bug,@sdee probably has a thing for modern art。

3 Likes

Nevertheless, it’s still a Bug, a pretty cool Bug though.

I would love that it should give your villages happiness it’s modern art

hahaha… the walls have a sort of camouflage effect… perhaps its in an attempt to throw off the goblins? :smile:

thanks for the report, and the confirmations… tagged

Title: Editing wall types seems to result in having both wall types at once

Summary: After the wrong wall type was selected when I was designing a house (see this report), I attempted to correct the situation in the edit tab of the building dialog. However, both wall types were then seen overlapping each other in the blueprint, and error messages were given. I ended up having to remove the entire building and build it anew.

Steps to reproduce: Probably just editing any old wall type will do the trick.

Attachments:

4:10

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 110) according to the title screen.

System information:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

• Memory: 8192MB RAM

• DirectX-version: DirectX 11

• Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Nice catch!
I’ll let this other here because it’s fairly related. Or we could merge and specify both reasons of this behaviour (steps to reproduce).

1 Like

Oh, right, I remember that thread now. Sigh. I think my searches before posting these reports could use a little work. Anyway, thanks.

Don’t worry, we have a pretty long list of bugs on the category, even searching by key words sometimes doesn’t lead to the desired results so it’s impossible to know if it was really reported before.

The steps / cause you specified is different from the steps of the other report, so it is useful anyway.

The truth is there are really old reports and they need confirmation. I think there are even reports without any reply…like they were left into oblivion… :sweat_smile:

@SteveAdamo, @Geoffers747 thoughts on merge?

1 Like

Thanks for being understanding and nice about it (:

1 Like

agreed… merge mode, initiated!

2 Likes

Can confirm this bug is still present in 1687, particularly annoying when I want to have nice internal walls.