Your Thoughts on the New SimCity?

Well, it’s on Steam. That’s already better than what SimCity did.

When I got SimCity [in the actual box] I was forced to get Origin, because of poor design and planning. Now, Origin’s okay, I guess, but I entered my email wrong and it won’t let me fix it, so now that I’ve forgotten my password, I can’t play SimCity at all.

I enjoyed SimCity while I had it, but ultimately it wasn’t much of an improvement over 4, and the forced Origin was stupid.

I think the game was actually better on all other points than terrain designing and freaking space (Which you feel you lack all the time) the restriction on usable area has made city construction quite a lot challenging, which i like sometimes… But other time i really want my mega cities back :cry:.

But yeah steam is always an improvement as i don’t need to use as many different services.

1 Like

This new game fix that rather perfectlly you will see if you watch the video(its 30 minutes long so be warned). I think i will get the game. Even if i don’t have the time to play it. :wink:

Paging @SteveAdamo and @Geoffers747 sins you both seem interested in this type of game. :wink:

I have seen it and it seems promising :slight_smile:
It does seem to have some strange quirks by the time though and i find it quite sad that it seems that you can’t have multiple cities going on in the same area. (Also i am still going to play SimCity just for the multiplayer and city interactions which by my opinion was the best additions to the game)

1 Like

Why have separate maps for it when you can have it all on the same map?

There is nothing stopping you from creating a small suburbia villa area, build a mining town/district by the mountains and build a massive mega city next to that. We don’t know the actual max size of the map but by my understanding it looked rather massive.

The sky and horizon is the limit. :wink: You will probably need a strong computer though. Paradox don’t usually go for grafics intensive games but this game seems to be an exception.

1 Like

It is still the same economy though. Which makes it somewhat harder to keep the things apart. A giant map of course makes up for some of that :slight_smile:

(I remember in SimCity 4 i made some areas into giant highways just to make it look cool from the full map view)

Sigh Just bought a new graphic card as my old one died in flames.

2 Likes

That is a good point. A very good point.

Something relevant to our discusion.

How big will the maps be?

The map consists of tiles. The maximum city size is 9 map tiles, one map tile is 2km x 2km. Players start with the first one and then unlock more land for their city. Players get to choose the tiles from 25 tiles on the map. The area is all seamless so pretty huge cities can be developed.

The cities can be 36 square km, and not necessarily in a square. However there is an option to uncouple the limitation and go bigger, dependant on the player’s hardware.

Are their Regions?

No. There is an outside world that buys surplus goods your industries manufacture and that you can buy resources and goods from but you do not see outside of your city.

Here is the link to the FAQ

1 Like

This is quite important to me :slight_smile: If i am not allowed to have more cities in the same area i will at least be allowed to have freakish large cities, and 9 tiles just didn’t seem to be enough (Now i just need to get a stronger computer)

2 Likes