My Steam review!

This game is fun and very addictive!
I have 1 major gripe:RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel or AMD Dual-Core or better, 2.6GHz+
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 560 1024MB or better, AMD Radeon HD 7790 1024MB or better
Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
Additional Notes: OS Updates: Windows 7 SP1; Windows Vista SP2
This is a very false statement unless you only plan to play a game for 10hrs or on weaker pc4hrs.
With the above on my laptop with specs of 3.8ghz dual core OCed 4gb ram I can play for 4hrs before my game crashes due to memory usuage.They have the graphics card correct for requirements I never have graphic card issues!
At around 4hrs of gameplay I have 15 hearyhlings 100%cpu usuage and 98% memory usuage.I start the game up and my cpu is at 72%usuage.Then I play for 2hrs from there on 100% cpu usuage and awful framerates5-20fps.
My desk a very sweet gamer pc IMO!Specs:5.5ghz quadcore I-975 OCed 16gb ram gtx980.
I can play for 4hrs before I have managed to do something I’ve never done before and cap my quadcore at 100%cpu usuage!I get to building a town of 5 buildings and 25-27 hearthlings at 10hrs of gameplay I’ve used up 14GB of ram!
This game does nothing to phase graphic cards realy bad open GL4+ and direct x12 2-4GB ram and you are very safe
from any problems until you cap cpu usuage or memory.
!!!THIS A WARNING TO ALL!!!
Do not try to play this game with less then a quadcore and 8GB of ram!(I started wishing I could get a refund after reading the false information and purchasing the game for my laptop!)The Dev team is realy great for the 8ppl!
The game is going to be awesome!It’ll never run well on 4gb of ram or a dual core!
I figured I would share it in hopes you would update the recommended specs for the game!

It actually sounds from the review like there’s a problem with your install or something. I’m running a 2.4GHz intell core i7 and never pass above 40% CPU usage on my laptop and the one time I fired it up on my main computer it barely registered a change in the hardware load.

Paging @8BitCrab or @SteveAdamo! Not sure who on the team does the performance-y kinda stuff but figured one of you two might be able to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll try reinstalling again I sure hope that fixes it.
I always start with a fresh install every release.
Thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes

maybe try verifying the cache through steam, might be a quicker fix. The team is fantastic when people have issues though so if it is something more complicated it’ll get figured out. Either way though, these are the kind of performance issues they need to know about through developement :slight_smile:

Edit: after-thought, check your video card drivers, I had a big problem after an Nvidia update that didn’t install properly…sorry, wracking my brain thinking of thinngs I’ve seen in the forums and I’e had happen myself lol

They are all current!All my drivers are current for everything in my pc.I’ve got that nvidia experience
program wich now supports updates sooner then the updates on the website.which gets them a week or 2 later.I checked it came back ok and then uninstalled,reinstalled and checked again.Problem still exists.

1 Like

Mine too (fantastic program, so handy lol), the problem was actually with how the driver installed. It was appearing to work normally but anytime I opened any game my hardware would basically load up and then lock up. I didn’t find the problem until I started randomly uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. (really doubt it’s the problem if you aren’t having issues with other games though :frowning: )

I think we need a team member or long term forum denizen, I’m out of brilliant ideas already lol.

Oh, great and powerful, @Albert @sdee @yshan I summon thee! (sprinkles shredded printouts of game code into a dish and sets fire to it, smoke rises dramatically from the colourful flames) Come forth and bestow upon us the wisdom of the ages. Your loyal beta minion apologizes for the mass page but begs forgiveness and asks only that someone can point us in the right direction, if it so pleases. (*low,humble bow)

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay, folks. We are continuously looking for ways to make perf better over time. I’m not sure if there’s a specific driver that’s giving you trouble, but give A12 a go (or wait a few more days for patches) and see how that works for you.

That was 2650 I reviewed.
I have been around the block with this game and have experimented on 4 different pcs.
If I’m having a driver problem at 28 hearthlings thats causing problems eating up my cpu and memory
that would be great news!Sadly not the case…That review was very informed and based off of
alot of factors even considering multiplayer mode when its released.I feel its more of a memory issue.When I’m on 8 gigs or higher I can get 10hrs+ before consuming memory.With the new 2666
I can no longer take my hearthlings up to 28.I can get to 20 and took a massive 88%cpu spike in a
sneaky goblin siege.The new build never reaches 100%cpu on my quad but still does on the dual core.The dual core 4GB 3.8GHZ testing cant reach 20 hearthlings on 2650 I had 18 and 5fps looking gameplay as the engine itself overloaded.My fps counter was at 45 my cpu 100% and my memory 98% with 2 buildings.Same pc with 4GB more ram can get 20 hearthlings cpu 100%
at 15+hearthlings.On the current my dual core still cps out at 100% 15 hearthlings is all I dare try.
I feel for this game to be playable for more then a few hours with a dual core and 4gb will be impossible with added feature and ect.That the game should be recommended at quadcore and 8GB+ ram which gets me 10hrs of gameplay before bugging out.Even having no bugs at all I cap out 4GB or even 6GB in a cpl of hours.I’m a skilled player and get a heartling every update and have my own fast paced gameflow.Things like 1 farmer per 11x11 field.I usually start right up and build carpenter and 2 farmers.Then a footman just before goblins and encounters start appearing.
I’ve posted some save just recently that have examples. My 1 save I had enough food and networth to have 27 hearthlings but capped it at 20max.I’ve never been able to play a game past
4hrs wiithout using more then 4gb of ram.That number stands at over 42 games now.The more ram I clear up the longer I can play it seems.My 4 graphic cards gma4500hd(laptop),gtx980(desktop) ,gtx780(desktop) and gtx750ti.
The fact that I have so many pc’s is crazy.I even have a single core pent OCed at 6ghz.
Every few years I make a new pc to show off my OC skills.I’m currently building a 8 core.My best is a 6.0-5.5ghz quadcore I975 with homemade watercooler.This game will run on my single core btw lol.

1 Like

Wow! I think your PCs may outnumber the ones in our testbed. Thanks for the update. If you have a save that’s giving you trouble, please send it over to contact@radiant-entertainment.com. Maybe we can discover what’s going on. There’s at least one large memory leak we’re having some trouble tracking down. Thanks!

1 Like